mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Rumblefish DRCV shock problem

I have 3.5mm of 'dead travel' on the DRCV shock. I'm sure it's set up correctly (pump screwed on far enough to open second chamber and cycle the shock before checking sag) and seems to work ok, however the initial 3.5mm of shock travel needs a lot less force than the remainder. i.e. I can lean on the saddle and it will move 3.5mm of its travel before it feels firm. The back of the bike obviously sits lower than it should and there is an odd clunking feeling as it passes this point.

I sent it back for warranty repair here in the UK but it came back exactly the same!

Does anyone else with a DRCV shock on any bike have the same problem / feature?

XXIX
    That does not sound right.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorB View Post
    That does not sound right.
    I'd really appreciate it if you could check yours in a similar way. Just lean on the saddle and see if there's any movement before the shock becomes firm.

XXIX
    Mine is fairly stiff until I put all my weight on it the it moves.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    My Rumblefish kind of shows the sag that you talk about if I press or lean my weight onto the seat. I never thought much of it...maybe part of the design?
    I'm 180lbs. and run with 195psi in the can, even at that pressure it's really a plush ride. I went to that pressure because I could occasionally bottom the shock at the factory recomended 170psi.
    there is no odd clunking feeling past that inital sag. Have your bike shop check the suspension links.

mtbr member
    I have to weight mine a bit, but definitely not all my weight. It is pretty stiff--sort of a linear progression starting when I add about 30 lbs--it definitely requires force and that force is progressive for it to keep moving.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I am having the exact same problem with my 2012 rumblefish elite. The shop says it is a FAX warranty issue and wants to send it off for 2-3 weeks. I only have the one bike and do not want to be without for that long.
    Chet