Accident Prone

Roscoe owners: Your .02, please!

So, looking into buying a Roscoe....maybe new, maybe used. What's your impression? Any troubles with broken frames? How's it do on the uphills with pedal bob? I know the tires stink....no problem there, I only run Nevegals. What else needs changing? I'm not too interested in the Roscoe 1, I want the Talas that comes on the 2 and 3. Let me know what your thoughts are on the bike. Is it worth the $$? Your opinion counts!

mtbr member
    I ride the bike everywhere and love it. I don't like the propedal (I have roscoe 2) I personally keep it off all the time. There is a little bit of pedal bob, but it's not overly noticable.

The talas is convenient and one of the reasons I bought it too.

When I bought the bike the bike seemed just about perfect for some of the trails out here due to the fact I would climb up and then come down.

More recently I've been trying the harder steeper trails on the downhills, and the roscoe always gets me through. That being said it would be easier to descend these trails with a longer travel bike.

I've been riding my bike pretty hard for the last 7 months now and had no problems whatsoever when it comes to reliability if that is a factor for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    If you want an awesome deal on a 2009 Roscoe 1, the Bike Factory in Charlottesville has a 17 and a 19 in stock last I checked for 1699.00. I was thinking Roscoe but ending up with a 2010 HIFI Deluxe.

Accident Prone
    Hey, thanks mtnbikingman. I've got my heart set on a Talas, which the Roscoe I does not have, only the 2 and 3. Good price, though. Wonder if they have any 2s there? I'll give them a call and check it out. They are a good dealer, the Richmond area dealers stink out loud. They probably don't even know what a Roscoe is!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yeah I have bought two bikes there and they will def work with you on the price. They price matched Agees on the HIFI and much better to deal with. Just talk to the owner, Mark.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I love my Roscoe!! The best description is "confidence inspiring". My Roscoe taught me to ride more technical terrain (up and down) than ever before. And now I can ride it on my old HT as well! I didn't know a bike could do that for me.

My buddy just bought one, and he's riding stuff he's never ridden before. Very cool.

mtbr member
    Maybe too late to help, but I love my Roscoe!! I bought it a few weeks ago. Got a sweet deal on a 2009 roscoe 3 factory closeout, new for $2700. I love everything about it. It is one of the most solid feeling bikes I've ever ridden, very confidence inspiring. I absolutely love the talas, and I've got no complaints about the propedal. If I had to do it again, even at full list price, I would definitely get this bike.