mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Question for Roscoe owners

I have a 2010 Roscoe 3 with a 2012 DRCV RP23 with Boost Valve (came on a warranty frame). I'm enjoying the bike but I find the front end a bit too twitchy for my liking on techy downhill terrain. I also find that the fork and shock seem to work against each other a bit (shock very linear, fork very progressive). I have come across a guy selling some near new 2012 DRCV 150 forks from a Remedy 9 because he wants Talas.

My question is, has anyone gone to a 150 fork on a Roscoe, and more specifically, has anyone had experience with the DRCV fork (on a Roscoe or just generally)? I have 100-120-140 Talas forks now but always leave it on 140. I think the 150 DRCV should slacken the HA a tad and wont have 'G2' so steering will be a bit slower (so more stable downhill), and the DRCV should be more linear to match the shock. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    This year I finally got a G2 for my Roscoe. It's exactly what you are asking about. Fit RLC damper, DRCV spring w/150mm. I definitely feel like this bike is completely balanced and rides much better, IMO. The extra 10mm I don't think really slackens the HTA much and/or it isn't very noticeable while riding. The DRCV makes a big difference with front end handling while compressed. Definitely noticed the front tire not loosing traction mid turn under compression. Feels more consistent and predictable with the same spring action front and rear.

I would suggest picking up that DRCV fork and swapping your stanchion/uppers onto it.

I have never felt this bike to be twitchy or unpredictable after putting the G2 on it. Maybe you are riding with your weight a little to far forward causing the front end to react more aggressively to your input? Just a thought.... many other variables I am not aware of.
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.