mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Price for 2006 GF Cake 3 Disc

Looking into buying a used '06 Cake 3 Disc.

http://fisherbikes.com/bike/archivemodel/218

What is a fair price to pay for this. Bike is all stock and is in good condition. I am asking because I think the seller might be asking a little high, but I don't want to low ball the guy either.

mtbr member
    I would say if it was in "good/great" condition... i.e the suspension has been serviced somewhat recently if at all, hubs don't need servicing, and the rear pivots have been serviced regularly and have no play, I'd put it at maybe $400 (and that's a big maybe).

If it's like the typical 3-4 year old brand name FS bikes I see on CL or something, I'll go take a look at it and the owner has never serviced it regularly if at all... the bearings and pivots usually need to be overhauled and the suspension is shot because they never bothered to service that. Now, there are people that maintain their rigs and are top notch even being older than this one, but it is hit and miss.

Go check it out, maybe if you have a mechanic friend at the LBS the seller would meet you there and let them look at it. If it needs some work then try to lower the price or pass, Let some others chime in here, I might be way off.. just my $.02
    Last edited by mrilo; 08-25-2010 at 06:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah I was thinking if it is in great shape $400. He is asking $500 which I was thinking was high.