mtbr member
    Nov 2008

"play" in Roscoe

So I put the factory rebuilt fork back on my Roscoe last night, checking things out when I noticed play somewhere in the rear suspension. Slightly picking the bike up & down by the seat it "clunks" before the suspension engages. I tried tightening the the bushings ( some were def. loose) - but it is still there. However there is the one @ the bottom of the shock I can't access as the one to the frame is in the way. Wondered if anyone has info/experience w/this. BTW it still happens when I move the bike holding on to the TT.
    Last edited by VTPossum; 08-14-2010 at 05:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My guess is.....see posts 176 and 177.

mtbr member
    Yeah, probably the shock bushings. Put your fingers near the shock reducers and repeat. See if you can feel play there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    My rear shock mounting bolt came loose within the first couple of rides. It hasn't loosened since I torq'd it but if you are lucky it just needs to be tightened and the shock bushings are still ok.....
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    You can easily access that bolt to tighten it by first removing the one that's blocking it. Tighten all of them to recommended torque. Only then should you consider throwing money at it.