mtbr member

Paragon geometry

Hi all
    I have a 2007 Paragon frame which is being replaced under warranty with a current model paragon frame. Will my forks off the old frame (Reba Race) fit the new frames geometry as the offset is different.
    Has anyone here had a warranty replacement? What was replaced?

mtbr member
    The non-g2 offset for will work fine with the G2 frame. You will just not be leveraging the G2 features of the newer frame. I run an 09 Rig frame (similar to current paragon) with a non-g2 reba SL and have no problems, but it is preference I suppose. The 07 paragon geo specs look slightly different than the current model but it's not that far off, but may be noticeable.

Check this thread on some racers running superfly's with non G2 Reba's with no problem.
    non G2 fork on a Gary Fisher Superfly frame.

It looks like you will need a new headset though. The 07 used an S3 and you will need a zero stack headset for the new one. (Cane Creek ZS-3 is what I use)

As far as warranty replacement, I had just a rear triangle replaced on a HiFi so no experience with a full frame replacement....

banned
    Apr 2009
    I would think the ride would be 'radically' different. The geometry is different. I built up an 05' Paragon frame with 71-74 angles. The new one's have a 69-72. The old Reba Race I had was a 38mm offset, I got a new Reba with a 46mm offset and 'to me' the difference is like night and day (from steering to toe overlap of being an issue anymore). I would think if I put a G2 fork on with 51mm offset, the ride would again be even more different. BUT ride it first and see how you like it.

mtbr member
    I think your bike will have a small wheelbase than than normal as G2 frames have shortened the TT and and your fork has the old offset...

Can I ask what happened to your 07 frame, the usual crack at the seat tube/top tube junction?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mozami
    G2 frames have shortened the TT
    5 mm difference?

http://fisherbikes.com/bike/archivemodel/228

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...dtail/paragon/

mtbr member
    depends on the frame size, but its usually ~ 1cm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mozami
    I think your bike will have a small wheelbase than than normal as G2 frames have shortened the TT and and your fork has the old offset...

Can I ask what happened to your 07 frame, the usual crack at the seat tube/top tube junction?
    Cracked around the bottom bracket at the junction of the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juscruzin
    Cracked around the bottom bracket at the junction of the seat tube.
    oh thats odd, the normal suspect spot held out...