mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Original fork for 09 Tassajara

Several months ago I bought an 09 Tass with a non-stock fork. I'm trying to locate an original Tora fork for the bike. Other than forums on this site, pinkbike, and ebay, where would be some places to hunt for the Tora at?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Ebay would be my choice. But why would you want to? Those forks were not all that good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Oh ok...didn't know the Tora's from that bike weren't so good. Thanks for the heads up. Just trying to do a little better than the Dart on there now.

mtbr member
    Wheel and Sprocket seems to have a bunch of G2 forks:

Tora air: ROCK SHOX Tora G2 Air 100mm 26" Mountin Bike MTB Fork 1 1/8" Silver (745889848762) | eBay

Recon SL coil:ROCK SHOX Recon SL Coil 100mm 26" Mountain Bike MTB Fork Black G2 (RSR609686180) | eBay

It is also possible to run a non-G2 fork. I've the same year, electric blue model Tassajara built up with a 2010 Fox fork of the non-G2 variety.

BTW, what a fantastic frame. Nice and lightweight. Bought mine as frame-only on a whim. Really love the built up bike. Wish I'd bought more of the frames. The Fisher geometry seems to really agree with me, and the frame is lightweight enough to be a keeper.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I love the bike so far. After being away for around a decade it's been nothing but a joy to ride. I was afraid to run a non-G2 fork but after doing some reading, I'm not hesitant anymore.

mtbr member
    @Solid, I couldn't stick a photo in the PM I just sent you, so I will put one into this thread instead.

Straight steerer. Run-of-the-mill Fox F-Series fork. 100mm travel. 32mm stanchions. Cane Creek ZeroStack 2 headset. That's my build.

Original fork for 09 Tassajara-tass.jpg