mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Older hifi 29ers replaced with anything else under warranty yet?

I haven't really ridden mine since its last warranty swingarm, but since it doesn't look like its going to sell, I may start riding it again. Are there still replacement swingarms out there, or are they replacing them with something else? Anyone had them offer a different frame after multiple warranty claims? I love the way the bike rides, but dont really care for the frequent long walks next to my broken bike.

Warrior's Society
    Worst case scenario......you ride it and it breaks......and they warranty it with a new 2010 or 2011 Hifi 29er......they have to warranty with equal or better.......have heard of some that broke thier aluminum Hifi's getting carbon warranty replacements because that is what was available.

Sounds like a win/win situation.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    If its a 26" bike you might get a carbon frame. If they run out of those you get a Trek EX frame.

mtbr member
    This just happened at my LBS and Trek/Fisher gave the guy a Very good price on a crash replacement on a new HiFi 29er.... If you have a 26er and they can't replace a part they will give you a VERY good deal on a new HiFi 29er.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    There has never been a problem with warranty parts- Sure wont be buying any crash replacements. I'm honestly just looking to get something out of my investment in this bike, and it appears the best way for that to happen is to have the frame replaced with something else.

mtbr member
    If they don't have any 26er frame's in stock they will more then likely send you a Trek Ex 6,7,8 depending on the level of HiFi you have.

mtbr member
    I just noticed you said you have a HiFi 29er.... disregard the last post.