mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Newbie Needs 1996 Gary Fisher Marlin Info

I found a like new 1996 Gary Fisher Marlin yesterday. My daughter runs XC and track in college and has been asking for a bike to do some cross-training. She'll be doing light trail riding.

Everything is original except for the seat and seat post (Post Moderne Glide Suspension post and Terry Bella Gella seat). The rims still had the manufacturer stickers on them. Everything else matches the specs Bikepedia has for the bike. Emailed the SN to Fisher and they confirmed the bike was a 1996. A few very minor scratches.

I've restored a few motorcycles and all it took was a little detailing to make the bike look like new. I'll post pics tomorrow. I just have two questions.

First, I'm trying to get an idea of what would have been a fair price for this bike? Water under the bridge now, but just curious. The bike really looks like new.

Second, what should we do to prep the bike for riding? Limited budget and really don't want replace anything that is currently working.

Thanks for your help.

AZ
    banned
    $200.00 max , lube the cables , bearings , replace brake pads as needed , replace tires and tubes if necessary . Good luck .