mtbr member
    Dec 2008

New guy, hopefully new GF Fat Possum LX owner...

First things first, noob here who has been dying to get into mountain biking for years. My other hobbies finally stopped/slowed down enough to allow me the opportunity to pursue something new. Looking to get a lot more bike then I need right now so next year I am not uprading/buying a new setup after a year of riding.

Now that you know the background, here is the current situation. I went back to my LBS to check out some Trek bikes and stumbled on an 06 GF Fat Possum LX on clearance. Took it for a ride and loved it. Front forks seem a bit soft for me but would have to hit some real trails to make a final decision.

Not expecting to find a GF, and not knowing too much about them, I thought I would seek some direct input. I've researched what I could of the '06 models and seen a lot of positive reviews but I have been very cautious in purchasing a bike so far, so I figure one last stab at feedback from some owners would give me the confidence to spend $1,199.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Despite the lack of feedback to this post, I pulled the trigger on the bike purchase. I spent 3 days on a rental hardtail with some seriously abused, non-traveling front forks and couldn't handle dealing with rentals anymore. The rental wasn't meant to be used as a comparison but it will make my first ride on the new bike seem that much sweeter.

Can't wait for the weather to warm back up so I see what I really think of the bike.

MTBR Member
    Sorry for the lack of feedback...generally you will get a lot of opinions/answers. Probably would have been better of in a different forum, but still surprised any of the FP owners didn't chime in. I have no personal experience with that model so I can't help you there. But, welcome to MTBR and I hope you enjoy your new ride.

Get a pic posted up in the Fisher owners forum, if possible.

LDH
    mtbr member
    A couple of my son's friends have them and they seem to be a good value just keep a eye on the swingarm pivot bolts as both of them have had them get loose and fall out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Will do, thanks for the heads up.