mtbr member
    Aug 2008

My Roscoe III Review....

Welp. Rode the Roscoe III today, and it was pretty good. From my years of Moto-X trail riding, it really reminded me of my dirtbike, especially when compared back to back with the much faster/nimble EX9.9 Carbon that i rode later today. The trails we rode were really covered in leaves, so it was hard to feel how nimble the Roscoe could have been, but aside from the extremely wide handlebars, it felt pretty cool. It was VERY plush and soft landing, and climbed decent, although not as nice at the Carbon Trek. I was actually fairly surprised at how light the Roscoe actually was. I was expecting a very porky bike, but i was pleasantly surprised when i did pick it up. Bike is absolutely Gorgeous, i truly love the White on the III model, very impressive looking. Bike rode effortlessly over some pretty technical rock/root sections on the local single track that i rode, stuff that usually stops me on my hardtail. And was pretty stable going downhill on washed out sections of trail. I really enjoyed it, but not anything dramatic like "OMG, GF reinvented the MTB" kinda awesome. Would be a great bike for someone riding single track that wants to so some bigger drops and jumps, or has plans to do some trips somewhere outside of the midwest where you could do some nice "All Mountain" riding. Cause it faired pretty good on single track, but no where near as fast as Treks EX9.9 Carbon.

Unfortunately, i wasnt able to compare it to an aluminum HIFI back to back like i really wanted to, but i really enjoyed the Roscoe. I dont know if it is "too much bike" for the Missouri single track that i commonly ride, but it would be nice to be able to have a bike to take out west, and ride some beefier trails. I am still in the air though "HiFi Deluxe vs. Roscoe I". Good thing i cant afford anything 'til Springtime, haha.

Here are a few pics from today (please ignore silly outfit...it was 36 degrees outside lol)

Fisher Fan
    Sep 2008
    Fantastic pictures!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    They turned out ok, but thanks!!