Trying not to kill myself

My new 2010 HiFi Deluxe w/pics

Yesterday I picked up my new HiFi and I had a few minutes to snap some photos this morning. Looks great in person, and I'm really digging the matte black and gray color scheme with a touch of gold mixed in. Unfortunately I'm still recovering from a fractured/sprained right thumb, so all I can really do with it is cruise around the neighborhood. But it'll get dirty soon enough.

All stock except for replacing the Candy C pedals with some platforms. I'm still fairly new to clipless, and there's no way I'm going to risk dumping my new bike because I can't get unclipped. I like the big cruiser bars, so at least for now, they'll be staying. Seat feels good so far, but I won't be able to judge it until I put in a couple of long days in the saddle. New grips are a must have, as well as a QR for the seatpost.

This one is a 19" frame, and it weighed in at exactly 29lbs.

And now for the glamor shots :

Last edited by gabe23; 10-11-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Clydesdale 29er
    Congrats, I've only had my 2010 for about three weeks and I'm loving it.
    MxV=Clydesdale

Tende
    Dec 2004
    Nice. And really nice photos.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Congrats. I've had mine for a few months and love it. It's a great bike.

mtbr member
    I've put my '10 Deluxe through a hell of a lot of abuse in its short life. More than I planned to, but its holding up aside from taco'ing the front rim (my fault) and now slashing the back tire open (not my fault!)

mtbr member
    That's a SWEET GF...congrats and enjoy!
    01 GT iDrive...frame failure
    03 Trek Fuel 98...frame failure
    10 Santa Cruz Heckler...TBD

Thanks, everyone. Still got the bum hand so all I could do was cruise around the neighborhood for a few miles over the weekend. Very nice climber on pavement with the ProPedal on and the front shock locked out. Everything in the drivetrain worked perfectly, and the brakes are scary good. Coming from some low-end Tektro mechanical discs that I never seemed to be able to properly dial in, I'm going to have to be very careful not to grab a handful of these Elixirs. Definitely not a problem one finger breaking with these. I think the grips will likely have to go, but I'm very happy with everything else. I can't wait to get it out on some singletrack!

Fossil
    I'll take the "cruiser bar" off ya! lol - Yeah they look funny compared to the old straight bars but I like the Big Sweeps - more comfy... to me.
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mtmiller
    I'll take the "cruiser bar" off ya! lol - Yeah they look funny compared to the old straight bars but I like the Big Sweeps - more comfy... to me.
    I agree. Very comfortable and the wider stance gives me a nice sense of control on fast downhills. Most of my riding lately has been on a hybrid with similar bars, so it feels right at home for me. But I can see how someone used to narrower straight bars wouldn't like the big sweep.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Congrats on the new bike. I hope you heal up quick so you can hit some singletrack real soon.

I have a 2009 Hi Fi 26er and it's an awesome ride.

You made a great choice!!