mtbr member
    May 2010

My gf finally got a GF

No, not the GF i was hoping for(girlfriend). My girlfriend did pick up her first bike, 2010 Tarpon. SHe wanted to start riding and I though that model would be a great starting point. If she finds she doesn't like it, there's less of a loss. She's very excited to get out and hit the trails. Here is her 13er...LOL Crappy cell pic until we take the pics off the camera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My gf finally got a GF-imag0118.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Does the bike fit her?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yes, it does. She's a shorty, 4'11. She has the seat down now because she hasnt riden and bike in years and doesnt want to take a spill at 38...lol I told her and she's going to raise the seat after riding for a while and becoming comfortable again. Here's a high res.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My gf finally got a GF-dscn0785.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I fixed three bikes for a bud who is out of town.
    His wife's bike and two bmx's for the kids.
    I barely could test the wife's bike with the seat up, the bmxers were impossibly small had to leave it to the kids.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Funny, we actually tried a kids Hard Rock we bought off CL, but it didn't work. I ended up selling it to a co worker for what I paid. We had to go to a couple bike shops 1. for different brands and 2. most of the women there could not relate to her. They were women that rode MTB, but they were all 5'5"-5'8" riding 17" bikes. I did find a shop with a woman the road MTB and road bikes. She was a 5footer and my girlfriend found her very easy to relate to. She needed a 13" frame, but did not like the top tube of the WSD bikes. She preferred the small men's bike.