mtbr member
    Jul 2010

missing switch on fork - need to find a replacement

Hello all,
    I am at my wits end. I have a 2006/2007(can't remember specifically the year) Gary Fisher Kaitai. I've been told it has a SR NRX-6500 with lockout and 63mm travel fork..

The issue is, on the right side of the fork there was a small purple plastic switch that controlled the locking of the suspension (locked/unlocked).. well.. it fell off and I can't find any local shop that can order/replace it.

I was told that after a fork becomes a few years old that manufacturers stop making parts and their answer is to buy a new fork.. I really don't want to have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new fork when it's in great shape, aside from my missing plastic switch.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try/where I can go? I don't care if I have to order it online, from halfway across the world I would really just like to be able to lock my suspension again!

Any help is most appreciated.

Cheers,
    -Derek

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Go directly to source....

SR Suntour USA

503 Columbia street, Vancouver, WA 98660, USA

Tel: 1-(0)360-737-6450
    Fax: 1-(0)360-737-6452
    E-Mail: service@usulcorp.com

Good Luck!
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thank you! That's what I was looking for. I went to SR Suntours site and I couldn't find any US contact numbers (although I did only look briefly).

Just sent them an email... here's hoping!!