mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Looking into a GF marlin ss any advice ?

Hey all

I have been debating getting either a Gf marlin ss or a redline monocog ss. both 2011 and both 29ers.

I have been able to find good reviews on the redline but not much info on the marlin ss. Anyone have one of these or have any advice about the marlin ?

I will be putting one of these on lay away on weds . $100 more for the marlin but i get a suspension fork and disc brakes which do not come on the redline

any help would be great.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ive been debating on a new marlin to, i want to either convert my bike to SS or buy this bike and keep mine. Would be my first SS.

MTB Prodigy
    i'm gonna buy it as well, the only problem is the that the fork is 6 pounds, it works, but its heavy. I'm prolly gonn replace it, other than that its gonna be great
    Get out and ride!

Jake

mtbr member
    Got one and I really like it. The dropout system is pretty slick and easy to use. Color scheme isn't flashy but looks good. Suprising quick for a 29er and it also has really nice components for the money. Fork is a beast, but I believe you can get Tora TK forks in G2 from Trek or get a Reba if your looking for air. I would take the Fisher over the monocog in a second. You can always make it geared with a dropout replacement, and the cable stops are already on the frame.