mtbr member
    May 2010

Looking for GF online retailers...Anyone?

I''ve made my decision to buy a Fisher Wahoo. I want the '10 Wahoo in black, but currently the only ones available in my area are the green. Anyone know of some reputable online retailers that carry GF? My LBS was going to let me have the green for 469.00+tax, but I really don't like the color. Seems FIsher is out because they are getting ready for the '11's.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Nobody can sell new Fishers online, it is against the rules with Trek. I have a black 17.5 in my store. Have them talk to their outside sales rep and see if they can find one at another dealer in the area. They can buy the bike from another dealer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    you would want a Wahoo Disc not just a Wahoo. Biggest difference is rim brakes vs disc brakes
    but, back to the main topic, I dont think Fishers can be sold online, atleast not from a dealer. My LBS will not sell any online.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8
    Nobody can sell new Fishers online, it is against the rules with Trek. I have a black 17.5 in my store. Have them talk to their outside sales rep and see if they can find one at another dealer in the area. They can buy the bike from another dealer.
    None of the dealers in the Detroit area have black in the size. Its very disappointing. I'm going to check the Toledo market tomorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by b_heald
    you would want a Wahoo Disc not just a Wahoo. Biggest difference is rim brakes vs disc brakes
    but, back to the main topic, I dont think Fishers can be sold online, atleast not from a dealer. My LBS will not sell any online.
    I was going to upgrade the brakes and rims later. I wanted to ad some color with the wheels.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    generally, it is cheaper to get the OEM brakes. if you do it after market you will need to buy all new wheels and the disc brakes and levers which can be quite costly.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Kept looking, I found a 2009 Marlin Disc for the 20.00 less than an '10 Wahoo disc. I'll have to take a ride for 4hrs if I really want it though...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by b_heald
    generally, it is cheaper to get the OEM brakes. if you do it after market you will need to buy all new wheels and the disc brakes and levers which can be quite costly.
    I kept looking and I may have found a very good deal. A store about 1hr from me has 2 '09 Marlins, 19" v brake, 20" disc in their onlline inventory. I'm gonna call to see of the still have them. If the do, I'm going to see if I can get them to swap the discs to the 19" for me? I don't see why they wouldnt to move a bike. I would end up with a better component bike than the '10 Wahoo with disc for the same price.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdubb
    None of the dealers in the Detroit area have black in the size. Its very disappointing. I'm going to check the Toledo market tomorrow.
    Jump over the bridge or give these guys a call, it's closer than Toledo !!

www.abikes.com

mtbr member

Try Craigslist

I have a lot of luck finding bikes, parts, accessories, etc. by using a national Craigslist search engine. Currently using Craiglook which is available for download at Craiglook.com

I searched for Gary Fisher Wahoo and got about 75 bikes in used to "like new" condition. Craiglook also has a geography function which allows you to search in concentric circles.or you can buy the green bike and a rattle can of black paint...

Good luck

mtbr member

Like this...

Gary fisher 21" Wahoo Bike in Gunmetal - $500 (sterling heights)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-05-15, 1:46PM EDT
    Reply to: sale-kvex7-1742428158@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perfect "like new" condition. I bought this bike brand new last year and with the economy the way it is I just need to try and sell it. There is less than 10-15 miles on this bike and it is gorgeous. It comes with 2 seats, the original and a comfortable seat...ha ha, a bontrager water bottle and harness for the bike, a portable manual tire pump, and also a small seat bag for holding keys and cell phone if wanted. Just have to take a hit to try and sell, i hate to do it once you see the bike you will understand why.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Wahoo Disc

Windsor is sold out as well. None in ontario. None in Michigan. Anyone know the colours for 2011?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah, everyone was saying the Trek/Fisher didn't make as many bikes this year because dealer presales were down from '09. I found a '09 Marlin at shop in the Detroit area but ended up getting this '09 Tessajara. Pretty much a brand new bike built from a new warranty frame. Bike was never registered or ridden after rebuild as the owner wanted to sell it as "new". He has a '10 Hi Fi and was told(by wife) one had to go... Cosmeticly I would like some black rims, but mechanically the bike is great! I'm looking at possibly getting some Mavic 317 or717's?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for GF online retailers...Anyone?-tessajara.jpg