Thread: lbs has a sf100

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

lbs has a sf100

My local bike shop (The Cycling Hub in Clermont, FL) just got a medium SF100 in stock. What a sweet ride! Ive read several reviews that say people have gotten them down in the 21lb range, but I havent seen any mods to get them there- Anyone seen this? I ride a large, so it wont work for me, but Im looking at it for my fiance.

mtbr member
    Pretty much need to rebuild from scratch using SRAM XX groupo, running super light wheels (Stan's 29er Race for instance) and putting on new bars, saddle, stem to get the weight down. I've got friends who have done it and they are weighing in at a hitch more than 22. To get to 21, I'd guess you'd need to run 1x10.

I swapped out bars, sadded and wheels (opting for Stans 355) and mine weighs 24, which really doesn't suck. It wasn't long ago you were stoked to build a 26er race bike around 24.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    thanks for the replies!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Saw a 19.5 SF100 for the first time yesterday, lbs just put it together that day - that hadnt even wieghed it yet.....so we got the scale and it was 23lbs 10oz (there abouts).

tiny tires, white spokes, mid-range sadde, mid-range bontrager flat bar.....for a bike that is $5500 it would have been great to have a carbon bar to match the XXX carbon post.

anyway, very cool bike - great company, great warrentee....i think if i could get a frame and fork for 3Gs that could work.

enjoy