mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Identifying a paragon

Hey I'm looking into buying a used Paragon from a friend but he can't remember if its a 07-08 I have the serial number I haven't called Trek yet thought I'd ask if anyone here knew..

mtbr member
    What color is it?
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Yellow

banned
    Apr 2009
    I think the yellow is an 06'. Just remember used you will have no warranty (unless your friend will waranty it for you)--but be careful, get it cheap (because it might crack tmorrow.) I bought a 05 frame (looked new) in 2008. Had it built to ride in Spring 2009 (best thing I ever did for fun and fitness) It was my first bike and I wanted the 'Cadillac' of 29er HT frames then. I got mine for like $75 bucks (including delivery)---I love this bike soo much I built it up again!!

First time I put 07' Reba on and 07 parts. Then now I put all new stuff on (and the bike feels like the new G2 does) because the old Reba had a 38mm offset and my new Reba has a 46mm offset. ALSO just stand up on it (cause I ride some f the Nastiest Trails in the Country)--'French Creek and the Michaux' in Pennsylvania--and it hasn't cracked yet... If you friend will warranty it (you will get a Brand new Superfly if it breaks---the Paragons are called that now)------

I tell people maybe I got one of the one's that were made 'stronger' than most (if you have an old frame that did not crack---)

OH YEAH--go to fisherbikes.com (I think it was) or Treks site and look at the archive bikes (that is how I looked up this frame)--you can see the exact one there (and gave me specs for parts I got on the build I did)----
    Last edited by 247; 05-16-2012 at 06:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Yep, yellow = 2006
    I'm looking forward to regretting this.......