mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Upset HELP!.. broken Cake 1 Dlx frame

I just broke off the top of the seat tube on the frame of my Cake 1 Dlx. The seat tube sheared completely off flush with the top tube, right at the weld on the top tube gusset. I had about 3-4 inches of the seat tube in the frame. I haven't contacted Gary Fisher yet or approached a lbs.

I am not the original owner, as I bought the bike two years ago on ebay. The warranty on fisherbikes.com says the warranty only applies to the original owner. Am I screwed? Has anyone had some experience or has some advice on what I should do?

mtbr member
    If your not the origanal owner you have no warranty. So you will get nothing FOC - Trek might offer you a new front triangle cheap or a new frame cheap but you cant do anything without contacting a bike shop that deals with Trek.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Part of the risk of bargain hunting with Trek bikes is the lack of any warranty. One of the reasons I only buy new.
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Not sure where you live, but it is possible to buy a brand new Cake 2 for $450.

04 Fisher Cake 2 19" Blu/Silver $1,760.00 $449.95

http://bikeline.com/page.cfm?PageID=58

Ebay sucks!
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    May 2004
    All you can really do is go to a dealer and see if they can do something for you.

mtbr member
    If you are an XL, I could have a cheap 06' CAKE 1 DLX for ya. It has less than 100 miles on it. PM me for details.
    BS'ing less, riding more.

Supporting PAS
    Upstate SORBA
    SORBA

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Anyone else have a Cake frame? It would make my week.

Thanks for the offer, I would love to buy a frame from someone. I only need the front triangle. I am a large size frame. 19"

Keep the offers coming. Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I got a medium 17.5". Fisher has longer top tubes than most but I don't know how well you liked your large size. Just throwing it out there for ya.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

still looking for a Large Cake Frame

Still looking for a large Cake frame 19". I was in a hurry to find a new frame/bike, but I just broke my foot wakeboarding , so I have plenty of time to look for a new frame. If any has a front triangle, PM me.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Still looking for a Large (19") Cake Front Triangle

bump