Thread: Gf Bmx?

What, me worry?

Gf Bmx?

I wouldn't even consider myself a bike expert, but the guy says it's rare. Note I wouldn't think it's worth what he's asking. $500 BTW
    http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/bik/1863608997.html

What say you?
    Anybody on a bike worth more than 1.5 times yours is a tool, and on a bike worth less than 1/2 yours is a loser.- fallzboater

mtbr member
    Iirc, from when I worked at a shop and sold those it was about a $200-250 bike new. I guess semi-rare in the fact that 1) BMXers hated them because it was a MTB company cashing in on BMX when it was on "hot" cycle/fad (think X-games mania) and 2) for the most part the Fisher and Trek ones stunk as far as geometry and they were heavy and came with crap parts.
    Fwiw, that is one of the better Fisher frames but I'd say it's a $150 bike and that's IF you have to have it... meh, lot's of better choices if you actually want a BMX to ride.
    Of course with the seatpost is backwards and the "Chicago" bars I doubt it's ridden a whole lot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSFA
    ...and they were heavy...
    They are heavy, that's for sure. I impulse-bought a GF BMX frame on eBay this spring. It's a brick. I'd be embarrassed to even give it away. Fortunately, I did not spend much on it.