mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Gary Fisher Sugar 3 Disc 2001 modell

Hi,
    I am a owner of a Sugar 3 and right now my rear shock is broken and I need to buy a new one. Its difficult to read what its written on the shock, but I think its a Crane Creek AD 5. Can anyone help me with the specification so I can order a new rear shock.

Thanks,

Tor

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Cane Creek AD5 is correct but you probably have difficulty locating the same shock. Measure the shock length from one mounting bolt to the next at full extension and full compression. You can use those measurements to find a comparable shock.

Or call up your local Fisher dealer and see what info they have.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    You can also try Cane Creek...they had a replacement program where you send in your old Cane Creek and get a brand new one for $200 I think

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I would sell you my mine from a Sugar I used to have, but I just realized you're in Sweden.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ssalmons
    Cane Creek AD5 is correct but you probably have difficulty locating the same shock. Measure the shock length from one mounting bolt to the next at full extension and full compression. You can use those measurements to find a comparable shock.

Or call up your local Fisher dealer and see what info they have.
    Try both of these and please report back with results! I also have a Sugar 3 I reworked recently. (You can see it http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=688295&page=2). So I would love to know how you end up!