Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Spice
    Dec 2008
    There is the main bolt that threads through from the driveside, and a nut on the non-drive side.
    The main bolt undoes from the nut with an allen key (8mm if i remember). The nut should only have two flat spots, so grab onto those witha spanner.
    The Part the allen key goes into isnt on the "head"/wider bit of the bolt like a normal bolt, it's on the non-drive side, at the end of the bolt, if that makes sense. So you undo the bolt from the same side as the spanner is on, on the non-drive side. And because it's on the other side, turn the allen key clockwise rather than anticlockwise with the spanner kept still. I needed to take my cranks off as well, the main pivot bolt wouldnt come out without hitting my chainring.

Spice
    Dec 2008
    Not a roscoe but same principle on this picture

http://spokemagazine.com/files/2009/06/wattscoe.jpg

allen key goes into the hollow bolt on the same side as the nut

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Cheers for help and advice folks. got it off. seems my frame is cracked.. no warranty and none left at trek'fisher so ive spied a frame i might buy. Does anyone know the head angle and seat angle of the roscoe and the bottom bracket size as i found it nearly spot on and hoping my new venture is similar..
    Last edited by turbo1397; 02-11-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Sorry to hear about your frame turbo. I tried to google up a geometry chart, but didn't see one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    yeh ive spent hours googling it but cant see any information anywhere..

mtbr member
    May 2005

Geometry chart for the Roscoe

Gary Fisher Roscoe Owners.....-gf_geo_roscoe26_10_f.gif

73mm bottom bracket
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Ideal skidad.. mucho appreciated! Head angle and seat angle are the same as the yeti im going for

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am hoping to convert a roscoe to a 650b wheel? Has onyone done it? Or tried it?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jborges View Post
    I am hoping to convert a roscoe to a 650b wheel? Has onyone done it? Or tried it?
    Pretty sure someone did it in the 650B forum. It will fit fine (my son has one and I tested the best I could with a non ABP wheel) and the only issue might be seat post contact with big volume 650 tires. If you have a Fox 26" fork plenty of 650B tires will clear the bottom of the crown at bottom out but the bigger ones will hit and drag. The tallest 650B tire is the Schwalbe Nobby Nick 2.35" and I tested this on my sons Roscoe Float 140 and it clears the arch fine by about 3mm but hits the bottom of the crown. With some force I could still roll the bike but a 5mm internal spacer would be recommended. A Pacenti Neo-Moto 2.3 works fine and I've been using that on my converted Prophet with a Talas 140.
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Just want to be sure that is going to work becuase do not want to waste my money. Becuase I live in PR and shipping the wheels back is expensive becuase no lbs here stocks 65b wheels or tires.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Planning to upgrade my 2009 Roscoe 1 with a new set of wheels, but i just cant' fint out what size my rear axle is I'm guessing it is a standard standard 9x135, can anyone confirm?

mtbr'er
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogan View Post
    Planning to upgrade my 2009 Roscoe 1 with a new set of wheels, but i just cant' fint out what size my rear axle is I'm guessing it is a standard standard 9x135, can anyone confirm?
    You are correct

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 00XJCO View Post
    You are correct
    I'm sorry, i meant 10x135QR. Is that the same thing?

mtbr'er
    To be totally accurate, no. Actually they are all 10mm in the rear, 9mm is front only (9x100mm) but people erroneously refer to both as 9mm so often that I overlooked it. So what you need is a 10x135mm hub for the rear, and assuming you still have the factory fork, 15x100mm front. You'll sometimes see rear hubs advertised as 9x135, but it's just an error, as they are actually 10x135mm. Hope that clarifies it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I see. As if this wasn't confusing enough to begin with. So when referring to "Standard QR Rear Hub" the standard is 10x135mm?

In other words; will theese wheels fit my Roscoe? SPANK Bike's website/tools for superheroes

mtbr'er
    Unless I'm overlooking something in the specs, it looks like that wheelset you linked is only available as a 12x142 rear?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 00XJCO View Post
    Unless I'm overlooking something in the specs, it looks like that wheelset you linked is only available as a 12x142 rear?
    I guess you overlooked this; "Standard QR Rear Hub Adapter Kit Incl."

mtbr'er
    Well, I did see that, but it's listed under 'Front', not rear.

mtbr'er
    Jeeze nevermind, I should get my eyes checked - I see it listed under rear too. You should be good to go!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Haha, I guess. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I have 2009 Roscoe 2 and need to replace the headset does anyone now the specs that i need to look for? Thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Anyone else having problems with 2010 frames? My 2010 Roscoe II has developed a creak, but I can't find a crack.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    My 2010 Roscoe frame has just cracked (on the drive side chain stay and on the bar connecting the two chain stays). Trek have been reasonable with respect to the warranty. They offered me a new 26" remedy frame or a discount off a new bike from their current range. I guess they are all out of replacement chain stays.

I see from previous posts on this site I am not the first to crack the chain stay, but I am not convinced this is a problem unique to the Roscoe as I have also broken my 2005 Specialized Enduro chain stay (Specialized replaced the chain stay under warranty). Admittedly I got a lot more use from the Roscoe than some who posted. If it had broken in the first year of riding I expect I would be singing a different song.

I am sorry to retire the bike. I got to ride it on a lot of great trails in England, Wales, Utah and Colorado and have a lot of good memories from my time on the bike. It had a great agile feel and was at its best on twisty, fast, singletrack. It never felt as capable in the rocks as the enduro and was less composed, but felt way quicker and more fun on less aggressive trails.

RIP - A great bike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4