Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1088
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

This is a left over 2012 marlin I got for under $500. I went in wanting a cobia or rig and left with this. I've added origin 8 all mountain bars. I've ordered grips, tires, saddle, and I'm shopping for a g2 Reba, Sid, recon air on eBay daily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358858480.422711.jpg  

Trips for Kids Denver
    super pumped to find a "take off" 2013 F29 140mm 34mm stanchion CTD Talus fork for my Rumblefish.
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    2013 Cobia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-10091.jpg  

Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

Trips for Kids Denver
    This is more GF than Trek. I feel it has the awesome GF design and refined by Trek to make a killer bike. I added a Fox 34mm chassis 110-140mm travel Talus CTD fork, dropper post, flat carbon bar, ergon grips, 2.4 Purgatory front tire, 2.2 Captain rear tire. LOVE IT!!
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

NOOB
    Nov 2012

What will $200 get you????

Heres my $200 Gary Fisher Rig SS, bought it here in South Korea... love it so far its a 21inch 29er....Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-q5.jpgGary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-q4.jpgGary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-q3.jpgGary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-q2.jpgGary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-q1.jpgGary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-q.jpg

pedal pusher

A few changes

I had to ditch my SRAM X7 double for an X9 triple to get better gearing (and it's lighter). Running 48/33 up front now, along with a Carbon Cycles rigid fork, so it's more of a gravel bike. I'm looking to upgrade to a much lighter all carbon rigid fork before spring, and mount some CX bike brake calipers so I can get rid of the Travel Agent adapters.

mtbr member
    With deals like that, I'm thinking about moving to Korea - South that is. (:-))
    Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks it was called witchcraft. Today it is called golf. Will Rogers

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Can't wait till I can post my pictures of mine stache7

Slower than mud.
    May 2012
    My 2006 Tassajara Craigslist score:
    Avid Elixir CR's
    Fox F100 RL fork
    Mavic Crossmax SLS wheelset,
    Crank Bros. Iodine bars and stem
    Ritchey seat post,
    etc...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-0303131036.jpg  

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-0303131036a.jpg  

"To expand your comfort zone, you have to leave it."

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-img_20130323_123334_436.jpg
    My Marlin. Next it gets new forks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Re: Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread

My Gary Fisher Tass Craigslist find. I don't know much about it other than its all stock and in great shape.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-20130309_105514-640x480-.jpg
    My Roscoe II

mtbr member
    Hi newbie here.

This is my 2006 GF Wahoo disc.

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-photo-1-.jpg

Got it from CL. All stock, female owner, barely ridden (nubs can be seen on tires), lbs maintained. Got it for $175, is it a good find?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-photo-2-.jpg  

Last edited by splash13; 04-24-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: additional picture

banned
    Apr 2013
    New around here....here is my my Fish...right at about 22 pounds...

2001 Sugar 1. XO Carbon Shifters, XO Gold Nugget Derailleur, Truvativ Noir crankset, 3T Carbon Bars, Stem & Seatpost. Aest Super light V's and levers, Prologo Nago Evo Tr Nack saddle, SID Rce.

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3281.jpg

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3282.jpg

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3293.jpg

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3284.jpg

mtbr member
    I picked up this 1991 Procaliber last night at my LBS. Should be a fun resto. Here's an as found photo, then another after two hours of cleaning and tinkering.

banned
    Apr 2013
    ^^^^Looks very nice^^^^

Keep us posted.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    2002 Sugar 3+ w/rebuilt rear shock and new front RocShox Recon:

SlideWright Outdoor Gear Tools & Wares
    Bike * Ski * Snowboard * Camp & more

banned
    Apr 2013
    Alpinord...what kind of brakes are you running? It kinda looks like the rear "Noodle" is on the drivers side. Just curious.
    Also, who rebuilt your rear shock? I had mine done by Push, but mine is also the Fox. Yours looks like the AD-5 by Cane Creek.

Looks nice.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by A Pile Of Tile View Post
    Alpinord...what kind of brakes are you running? It kinda looks like the rear "Noodle" is on the drivers side. Just curious.
    Also, who rebuilt your rear shock? I had mine done by Push, but mine is also the Fox. Yours looks like the AD-5 by Cane Creek.

Looks nice.
    Thanks.

The front is the original Avid Digit3 and the rear replacement is the Digit5. Hmmm....every bike I have has the front noodle on the right and rear is on the left. I rebuilt the Cane Creek shock using a rebuild kit a couple years ago. It's still working OK.

I'm looking into 29ers and have been looking for a Gary Fisher 'lineage' from the Sugars to ???? the Rumblefish??? Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.
    SlideWright Outdoor Gear Tools & Wares
    Bike * Ski * Snowboard * Camp & more

banned
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Thanks.

The front is the original Avid Digit3 and the rear replacement is the Digit5. Hmmm....every bike I have has the front noodle on the right and rear is on the left. I rebuilt the Cane Creek shock using a rebuild kit a couple years ago. It's still working OK.

I'm looking into 29ers and have been looking for a Gary Fisher 'lineage' from the Sugars to ???? the Rumblefish??? Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.
    Eerrr...I'm sorry, I meant the drive side (Right) In the pic it looks like the noodle is on the right side.

No real experience with the 29ers...Superfly is what my friend has and loves. I think the Rumblefish looks nice though.

mtbr member

Here's my Fisher collection

The middle Mt Tam has been sold, but was replaced with a two tone 1986 Mt Tam more in my size. Still working on that one.

yellow one is a 1984 Mt Tam, the other is a 1991 Paragon, I love the way these bikes ride !!!

banned
    Apr 2013
    I Think I am finally finished..... 1 year in the build

Sugar 1, SID Race, Pushed Fox RP23, Bontrager Racelites with DT Swiss Hugi 240 Hubs, Custom Carbon Blink Link, 3T Carbon Bottle holder, Seatpost, Stem, Topcap & Bars, Sram Gold Nugget rear derailleur, X9 Front. XO Carbon shifters, XO Cassette, Gold Ti chain. Noir Carbon cranks. Wellgo Ti pedals. Aest Brakes & levers, Prologo Carbon Railed seat and Prologo grips. 22 pounds.

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3473.jpg
    Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3474.jpg
    Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3469.jpg
    Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3470.jpg
    Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3476.jpg
    Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-dscn3477.jpg

mtbr member
    This is the bike that got me into mountain biking. Bought it used around 1999 for $180. GF Aquila, pretty good except for the fork which sucked almost the entire time. Still got me up and down the trails though!

I sold it almost 10 years later and got $150 for it, but almost immediately regretted it. A few months later this nice HKEK popped up on Craigslist for $180. Just like my Aquila but with XT components and unfortunately the same terrible fork. :P

I just had to put a better fork on it. The Tora coil is heavy, but it soaks up the bumps nicely for under $200. Added some wider bars, WTB Moto Race tires, etc to make it trail worthy.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    ^^^^^

I have that exact same bike, What fork did you end up using on it. And how did it change the handiling? Awsome bikes. I love my hkek, and still ride it everyday. I just can't seem to part with it.

PS. Never mind I just re-read you post and saw were you said what fork it is. I am interested in the travel on the fork though. Thanks
    Just remember,Where ever you go there you are...

mtbr member
    Thanks! It's the Tora TK Coil 100mm. It's a little heavy, being a low end fork but it REALLY improved the ride. The additional travel, plus damping and the ability to lock it out makes it a decent trail fork. I think this model has now been superceded by the "XC32TK" but I don't know if that one has canti bosses.
    "Got everything you need?"

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast