Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oclvframe
    Chris,

If you truly want a super light bike...dump those RXL wheels and get some stans hub/crest rim wheels. I just swapped mine out on my 2011 SF and lost just over a pound. Although I am still running the stock XO in the 2x10 setup, I went from 23lbs6oz to 22lbs2oz just by swapping the wheels. You could be sitting at just over 19lbs with that little change. The RXLs are advertised to be in the 1700gm range but in reality they are closer to 2000.

Nice looking bike though. BTW...is the direct mount for your front derailleur missing?

-r
    Really? The wheels felt pretty light. Where you running them tubeless before you got rid of them? Tubes could easily account for 1lb. Ill have to look into that thanks for the heads up. I am not a super light rider so I just didn't want to go to to light on the wheels so figured these would be good to go.

Chris

Chris

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4runner

after the first romp! will never go back to 26
    I have a similar hitch rack. I've ordered a Rumblefish and will require a cross bar like yours to mount the bike on the rack. Does it work well? Any play forward and backward? I don't want my bike swinging on the rack.

Dozer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarguy
    I have a similar hitch rack. I've ordered a Rumblefish and will require a cross bar like yours to mount the bike on the rack. Does it work well? Any play forward and backward? I don't want my bike swinging on the rack.

If you have a similar rack, you'll note that the bike connects using 3 rubber straps; 2 across the top of the top tube and 1 on the seat tube (vertically). This third one prevents the bike from swaying back and forth.

I've used a Thule cross bar like the one pictured all last season with no problems.

mtbr member
    Thanks. That should do the trick!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitWienie
    Really? The wheels felt pretty light. Where you running them tubeless before you got rid of them? Tubes could easily account for 1lb. Ill have to look into that thanks for the heads up. I am not a super light rider so I just didn't want to go to to light on the wheels so figured these would be good to go.

Chris

Chris
    Chris,

Yes! I do run tubeless. The actual weight of the RXL wheels with no tubeless rim-strips, no valve stems or skewers is 1950gms. So, by the time you put all the tubeless stuff on, you are looking at 2100gms. The Stan's wheels I got are the standard ZTR hub, ZTR crest rim, Supercomp spokes (220lb rider weight capacity) and they weigh in at 1550gms. Those are by no means their race-day wheel....but not their super duty all-mountain wheel either.....the weight savings (especially rolling weight) is huge!

-r

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    How we ride Fishers in Europe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-p1030429small1.jpg  

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-p1030426small2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    My 2007 XCal after I finished dropping the 185mm Elixer CRs on it last summer:

Mountain Bike 2010 by ch0ng, on Flickr

I find it to be the perfect bike for anything the Lower Peninsula of Michigan has to offer (boy does it rock The Iceman).

My 2011 Hifi Pro (with the seat WAY too high):

2011 Trek Hifi Pro by ch0ng, on Flickr

Has been ridden around the block once, but I'm quite confident that I'll love thrashing it around the various awesome stuff the UP has to offer (I'm looking at you Copper Harbor Fat Tire Festival).

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    2010 HiFi Plus with all new X.9 components and wheelset from a 2011 SuperFly at Virginia Key MTB Park in Miami

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    New member here....posted my other bike in the "Redline" section so I figured I'd post my Gary Fisher in here.

2008 Marlin

mtbr member

Just arrived today!

Sweet! My first 29er.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-0311111630a_c1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mine is its own bike stand! None of that fancy stick gadgetry needed!

That was actually my worst fall to date, blood wise. I've done nothing but crash since I picked this bike up a month ago. It's just so damn fast!!!

<<

Trail Ninja
    You guys need to stick adjustable seatposts in those RF1s. Trust me. 4" ones should do the trick.

If you feel like it, try platform pedals and Five Ten shoes (their mtb ones, not skate ones) too, but the adj seatpost is super highly recommended... almost a must.

I wonder if Red Shield would cover that rim. I doubt it, but I just wonder.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone.minton
    Mine is its own bike stand! None of that fancy stick gadgetry needed!
    That was actually my worst fall to date, blood wise. I've done nothing but crash since I picked this bike up a month ago. It's just so damn fast!!!

<<
    Thanks I'll stick with the stick. Get well soon.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis
    You guys need to stick adjustable seatposts in those RF1s. Trust me. 4" ones should do the trick.

If you feel like it, try platform pedals and Five Ten shoes (their mtb ones, not skate ones) too, but the adj seatpost is super highly recommended... almost a must.
    Ya, that'd be the nice, but I looked at other pics and see that the low angle top tube makes the seat seem higher on all these models. I don't feel like a freak anymore. If I had bought a bigger frame along, I'd feel like I was on 19th century bike. The high seat might be why tyrone feels like he is losing control at high speeds and crashing all the time.
    2010 Trek Rumblefish
    2013 Trek Cobia

mtbr member
    Nope, no the seat, I just push myself way to hard when I ride alone or at the front of the pack. Thats the only time I crash. Just need to reign myself in a little bit!

It also doesn't help that South Florida trails are so damn tight and technical!

Trail Ninja
    Same here--when I'm in front or ride alone, I also tend to push it. I really do think you guys should consider the adj seat. Put your seatpost down and try to ride the same high speed sections of trails. Having the seat out of the way increases your ability to guide the bike and flow so much.

I put off trying one for a while, despite hearing the same from others, and now I'm considering it for my other bikes, but then I think that I should actually sell my other bikes since this Superfly 100 is so good.

mtbr member
    I bought a Mavic C29ssmax today to replace the taco'd wheel. Thoughts?

Trail Ninja
    You can get the Front C29ssmax separate? Interesting. Hope you didn't pay much. Those come down to $500 a pair sometimes. My LBS didn't have anything 29er, but found that and suggested that to me when I had a wobbly wheel too, but I went with i9 enduros, something beefy.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I probably over paid for it at the LBS, and yeah, he got me just the front for now since there was really no savings over buying both at the same time.

mtbr member
    Just found out my new wheel won't be in until first week of April! Guess I'm going back to the trusty old 26er for a couple weeks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Heres mine, 09' Gary fisher Opie (19 in.) with a bunch of mods.
    03' Marzocchi DJ2 20mm. thru axle 130mm travel
    Avid BB7 185 fr. 160 r.
    XT rear der. XT 9 speed cassette
    Deore fr. der.
    Sram Attack shifters
    Avid SD7 Levers
    Sun Rhynolite R. wheel w/ XT hub
    CST Comp. Cheyenne 2.4 front tire
    CST Comp. Cabellero 2.25 rear tire
    Sun Big Fat Mammoth fr. wheel 20mm sun ringle hub
    It is my do everything bike really fun XC/AM trail bike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-001-640x480-.jpg  

Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-002-640x480-.jpg  

mtbr member
    My 2011 Hifi Deluxe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gary Fisher Owners - The Official Picture thread-e994ih.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Well I finaly got my baby back from the powder coaters yesterday. I built it up last night. I switched over to a 1X8 set up, added a new stem, riser bar, seat post and seat. Still need to get a new pair of grips and the LBS has a Paul chain guide on order for me. Oh I also need to put new cables all around, just threw the old on there so I could get a test ride on it. Here is a before and after. I'm not sure if I want to order new decals for it or just leave it as is, what do you think?
    Before

After

Just remember,Where ever you go there you are...

Dozer
    Quote Originally Posted by kitts21j
    I'm not sure if I want to order new decals for it or just leave it as is, what do you think?
    Just slap a headbadge on it but leave the tubes clean.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    2011 Wahoo! 17.5 My first mountain bike!

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 ... LastLast