• 01-14-2015
    trx250r180
    2 Attachment(s)
    08 hifi 26
  • 01-25-2015
    Racehead
    3 Attachment(s)
    Hi all,

    New to this forum, so I thought I'd start by posting a picture or three of my Fishers,

    Firstly, my '97 Mamba
    Attachment 958473
    My commuting, occasional off-road bike. Not with these tyres on though, they're shocking in mud! :nono:

    Next up we have my '99 Kaitai,
    Attachment 958475
    My fast riding off-roader, really like this bike, but the forks flex like hell :mad: Maybe I'll get something better at some stage. SIDs maybe?

    And finally we have my '02 Supercal29,
    Attachment 958476
    Good bike for group night rides, you can get away so much with these big hoopers, can't you! :thumbsup:

    Hope you like 'em folks ;)

    Mike
  • 01-25-2015
    Saipanda
    Great Looking bikes, Racehead !
  • 01-25-2015
    CannondaleF9
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Racehead View Post
    Hi all,

    New to this forum, so I thought I'd start by posting a picture or three of my Fishers,

    Firstly, my '97 Mamba
    Attachment 958473
    My commuting, occasional off-road bike. Not with these tyres on though, they're shocking in mud! :nono:

    Next up we have my '99 Kaitai,
    Attachment 958475
    My fast riding off-roader, really like this bike, but the forks flex like hell :mad: Maybe I'll get something better at some stage. SIDs maybe?

    And finally we have my '02 Supercal29,
    Attachment 958476
    Good bike for group night rides, you can get away so much with these big hoopers, can't you! :thumbsup:

    Hope you like 'em folks ;)

    Mike

    That's a nice collection of Fishers you got there.
  • 01-27-2015
    Racehead
    1 Attachment(s)
    Thanks guys !

    I got some kit to go with the race colours of the Kaitai.
    Attachment 959165

    Also have the red/yellow jersey with the big fish on it! :D

    The Kaitai is only kind of mid-range, but I think I've done it justice.

    Looking for some red bib shorts next, along with socks and gloves, maybe.
    Then I'll try to find some Subaru Team kit to go with the Supercal :cool:

    Mike
  • 02-05-2015
    01-0041
    4 Attachment(s)
    '95 Gary Fisher Supercaliber SS
    Here's a few shots of my reworked Supercaliber...

    Original build

    Attachment 961956

    Current build

    Attachment 961958Attachment 961960Attachment 961961

    I still need to finish designing the rear brake adaptor, but...
  • 02-10-2015
    Racehead
    2 Attachment(s)
    That's a cool colour ^ ^ ^

    Would love to get my hands on a Procaliber :cool:

    In the meantime, I've been trying to shed some weight from my Kaitai as she's a bit lardy.
    Swapped the wheels, forks, brakes, shifters, bars, stem, to be replaced by a Ritchey WCS one soon, rear mech saddle, cassette and tyres. Not a lot really! :rolleyes:

    Now 1.5kg lighter, :cool:

    Her new look,

    Attachment 963129

    Attachment 963130

    Mike
  • 03-04-2015
    paulig
    1 Attachment(s)
    Gary Fisher Tarpon 09'
    Something decent came out of this budget frame.
    Rockshox Sid World Cup 10'
    SLX 675 Brakes
    Truvativ Noir 680mm riser bar
    Shimano XT770 crankset + Raceface single narrow-wide chainring 36t
    Sram Attack + Shimano Deore LX Rear Derailleur RD-T661
    Shimano SLX Cassette 9-speed CS-HG80 11-28
    FSA SLK 100mm stem
    Rocket Rons 2.25 evo
    Author Xenon ISB hubs + Author Nostrum rims
    Wellgo F1 pedals
    Selle SMP TRK man saddle
    Bontrager race seatpost
    25.3 lbs
    Attachment 969787
  • 03-26-2015
    Co60
    2 Attachment(s)
  • 03-27-2015
    Racehead
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hey Paulig,

    Like the colour scheme, COOL!

    Here's my just-finished Kaitai after losing 2kg, ready for a race I have in a couple of months.

    Now just under 10kg, nice!

    Mike
  • 04-08-2015
    He1enKe1ler


    Was given a 2002 zebrano by my dad recently. Did a stem adapter, stem, flat bars, ergon gp4 grips, new shifters and brake levers, rear derailleur, cable housings and cables all around, chain, cassette, seatpost and seat. Plan on putting a new crankset on, and doing solid forks and headset.
  • 04-09-2015
    civsix
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by paulig View Post
    Something decent came out of this budget frame.
    25.3 lbs

    nice to see another 1xN 09 GF hardtail with a tasteful color scheme

    heres my '09 gary fisher wahoo disc 1x8
    2014 Fox Float 32 Factory Series 120mm
    15/9x135 Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs laced in Mavic EN821
    Mounted on 26x2.1 Kenda Nevegal UST & 26x2.2 Kenda Honey Badger XC Pro SCT
    Raceface Turbine Crank w/Raceface Narrowwide 32tChainring
    Crankbrothers Eggbeater C
    Raceface Ride bar
    Raceface Ride 60mm Stem
    JRFOTO (amazon chinese copy) carbon fiber 27.2/400mm seatpost
    Selle Italia Mg Saddle
    ODI grips
    Avid Speed Dial SL Brake levers
    SRAM X5 right shifter/rear derailleur
    SRAM 8-speed cassette 11-26 PG-850
    SRAM 9-speed chain PC971
    Niner YAWD top cap with Dogfishead120 Minute IPA bottle cap
    25.6 lbs

  • 04-28-2015
    afaver190
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 984659
    2009 HiFi Deluxe 29er

    Sram crank, chain and cassette. x5 shifters and rear deraileur, x7 front deraileur
    Avid Elixir 5 breaks 180f/160r
    Stock Fox forks and shock
    Race Face bars, stem and seat post
    Newer style Bontrager saddle
    Shimano pedals
  • 05-02-2015
    Neechy
    2005 Gary Fisher King Fisher 1
    2005 Gary Fisher King Fisher 1







    Not much stock left on it now.

    Fork: Rockshox Domain RC 180mm
    Shock: Fox DHX 4.0 (Nukeproof ShockWave Spring)
    Handlebars: Nukeproof Warhead
    Grips: Nukeproof Element
    Seatpost: Nukeproof Warhead
    Saddle: Nukeproof Plasma Trail
    Pedals: Nukeproof Electron Evo
    Brakes: Hayes Stroker Ryde Comp (Nukeproof Sintered Pads)
    Cranks: Shimano Saint
    BB: Shimano Saint
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano Saint
    Chain Guide: e*Thirteen DRS
    Bash Guard: e*Thirteen Turbocharger
    Stem: Bontrager Big Earl
    Rims: Bontrager Big Earl
    Hubs: Bontrager Big Earl
    Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.7 (Super Tacky 42a)
    Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR 2.5 (MaxxPro 60a)
  • 05-12-2015
    Saipanda
    Great Looking bike !
  • 05-31-2015
    obbychris
    hi my bike has been on the hook for four years due to surgeries and life is just getting back to normal i just got back on my bike and i need a new fork well i needed a new fork from day one but i know fox is the way to go i seen this pic and said hey that my bike with the shock that i want. can use please help me out with specs and or part numbers that i need to find the correct shock for my bike there's so many to sift through i'm going to ebay for my search... hey man thanks and have a good day !!!
  • 05-31-2015
    obbychris
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Dark_ View Post
    Definitely some sweet looking Fishers!


    My '07 Tassajara 'beater' bike.

    hi my bike has been on the hook for four years due to surgeries and life is just getting back to normal i just got back on my bike and i need a new fork well i needed a new fork from day one but i know fox is the way to go i seen this pic and said hey that my bike with the shock that i want. can use please help me out with specs and or part numbers that i need to find the correct shock for my bike there's so many to sift through i'm going to ebay for my search... hey man thanks and have a good day !!!
  • 06-08-2015
    palatin8
    2008 Hi-Fi Deluxe (mule)
    Me again:
  • 06-18-2015
    turnsfast
    1 Attachment(s)
    2000 Big Sur with SID fork, 60 mm stem and 700 mm carbon bars. This thing is a blast, my every day ride. I just wish I could put some disc brakes on it without too much trouble.
    Attachment 996695
  • 06-18-2015
    paulig
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by civsix View Post
    nice to see another 1xN 09 GF hardtail with a tasteful color scheme

    heres my '09 gary fisher wahoo disc 1x8
    2014 Fox Float 32 Factory Series 120mm
    15/9x135 Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs laced in Mavic EN821
    Mounted on 26x2.1 Kenda Nevegal UST & 26x2.2 Kenda Honey Badger XC Pro SCT
    Raceface Turbine Crank w/Raceface Narrowwide 32tChainring
    Crankbrothers Eggbeater C
    Raceface Ride bar
    Raceface Ride 60mm Stem
    JRFOTO (amazon chinese copy) carbon fiber 27.2/400mm seatpost
    Selle Italia Mg Saddle
    ODI grips
    Avid Speed Dial SL Brake levers
    SRAM X5 right shifter/rear derailleur
    SRAM 8-speed cassette 11-26 PG-850
    SRAM 9-speed chain PC971
    Niner YAWD top cap with Dogfishead120 Minute IPA bottle cap
    25.6 lbs


    Awesome bike you have. I'd suggest 11-36 cassette and Shimano ZEE rear derailleur to complete it. Also kudos for single chainring, which is the only way to go.
    Haha ! I had a second GF on that exact frame. Super-budget build.
    Attachment 996698
  • 06-18-2015
    Saipanda
    1 Attachment(s)
    You can Install discs on your Big Sur
    There are two ways to install discs. 1. if you have the "bump" style dropout on the rear non-drive side there is an adapter available from Sellution_Componants (on ebay or at his website). or 2. there is a device on ebay that uses the brake stud to brace the caliper attach fitting. It looks like this
  • 06-18-2015
    turnsfast
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Saipanda View Post
    There are two ways to install discs. 1. if you have the "bump" style dropout on the rear non-drive side there is an adapter available from Sellution_Componants (on ebay or at his website). or 2. there is a device on ebay that uses the brake stud to brace the caliper attach fitting. It looks like this

    Thanks for the heads up about the "bump style dropout" adapter. That may work. I've seen the brake stud style before but it expensive. I'll check ebay for it too. I've tried the A2Z 22mm adapter, but it's a no go.
  • 06-19-2015
    mort1369
    I decided I needed a Mullet.

    Fresh from the pawn shop, saddle down and pedals off for transport. . .



    This is definitely going bye-bye:):)



    I don't know who did this, but I would love to smack them over it. . .



    All in all, though, sixty bucks for a Gary Fisher isn't bad, and I do have the parts for it. . . .
  • 06-20-2015
    Piston Pete
    1 Attachment(s)
    1998 Gary Fisher Paragon (mostly original)
    Just back from an overhaul after nearly a decade in the garage. Hopefully my "pistons" have held up as well as this bike! I've logged some epic trail miles on this over the years from Colorado to California. Heading to Backbone Trail in Santa Monica to get back in gear...
  • 07-06-2015
    TampaDave
    Turnsfast: what kinda fork travel ya got on there? I have so many times almost clicked "buy" for a salsa 425mm rigid fork but I keep thinking maaaaybe I'll find a sus fork I won't hate and curse.

    You can run a disc on the front eh. I have a bb7 I keep meaning to put on the front but just haven't got around to it. Part of it is, I really like the avid speed dial levers I put on there, those things are pretty awesome even with rim brakes.

    Short stem really wakes that sucka up doesn't it.
  • 07-06-2015
    turnsfast
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TampaDave View Post
    Turnsfast: what kinda fork travel ya got on there? I have so many times almost clicked "buy" for a salsa 425mm rigid fork but I keep thinking maaaaybe I'll find a sus fork I won't hate and curse.

    You can run a disc on the front eh. I have a bb7 I keep meaning to put on the front but just haven't got around to it. Part of it is, I really like the avid speed dial levers I put on there, those things are pretty awesome even with rim brakes.

    Short stem really wakes that sucka up doesn't it.

    It's an early 2000s SID hydra air xc, 80mm. I've thought about those Exotic carbon forks on ebay myself. You should be able to find some decent 26er forks out there right now. Epicons on Amazon for $210. I found a new 2013 x fusion velvet a while back for $230 shipped.

    I have everything I need to run a mullet brake set up. Just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. I'm sort of saving them for another project.

    The short stem/wide bar combo is a blast! Since the pic was taken I've swapped the front wheel for a wider Sunringle and put on a 2.6 kenda telonix. It's rediculous and so fun. It barely fits under the brake cable.

    http://i.imgur.com/vfgKP9h.jpg

    http://i.imgur.com/iCbJ5Ew.jpg
  • 10-12-2015
    Jeepee1
  • 10-12-2015
    Saipanda
    1 Attachment(s)
    Father and Son Gary Fishers
    You Father and Son on Gary Fishers photo prompts me to post one also. I'm on a 2004 Supercaliber 29er (signed by Gary Fisher) and my son is on a 1996 Xcaliber RX (he is 6 years old in this photo).
  • 10-20-2015
    HAGASAN
    6 Attachment(s)
    My daughters 97' Gary Fisher ShortCut. Cleaned up great. We have been practicing on shifting the gears.

    Attachment 1023430

    Attachment 1023431

    Attachment 1023432

    Attachment 1023433

    Attachment 1023434

    Attachment 1023435


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 10-26-2015
    superflydrew
    2008 Gary Fisher Superfly (upgraded/brought up to date) :thumbsup:

  • 12-08-2015
    MTxB
    2 Attachment(s)
    Hello!
    My first post..

    2002 Gary Fisher Marlin (refreshed)
  • 12-09-2015
    Isabis
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Gary Fisher Wahoo 2009 today, not many stock parts left on it.
    Attachment 1034578

    Large resolution + few more pics:
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
  • 12-26-2015
    Jude20VT
    Always enjoyed the fit and ride of my '07 GF Tassajara. Recently refreshed it versus buying new... 2x10 drivetrain (F/26-38t, R/11-34t), Fox fork, 203mm rotors, and complete XTR groupset. Probably cheaper to buy new, but got what I want and can now work on my own bike. Also switched to Saint flat pedals as I often hesitated in sketchy situations while locked into clipless.

  • 04-04-2016
    yzguy01250
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by civsix View Post
    nice to see another 1xN 09 GF hardtail with a tasteful color scheme

    heres my '09 gary fisher wahoo disc 1x8
    2014 Fox Float 32 Factory Series 120mm
    15/9x135 Hope Pro 2 Evo Hubs laced in Mavic EN821
    Mounted on 26x2.1 Kenda Nevegal UST & 26x2.2 Kenda Honey Badger XC Pro SCT
    Raceface Turbine Crank w/Raceface Narrowwide 32tChainring
    Crankbrothers Eggbeater C
    Raceface Ride bar
    Raceface Ride 60mm Stem
    JRFOTO (amazon chinese copy) carbon fiber 27.2/400mm seatpost
    Selle Italia Mg Saddle
    ODI grips
    Avid Speed Dial SL Brake levers
    SRAM X5 right shifter/rear derailleur
    SRAM 8-speed cassette 11-26 PG-850
    SRAM 9-speed chain PC971
    Niner YAWD top cap with Dogfishead120 Minute IPA bottle cap
    25.6 lbs



    Did you notice a change in handling going from 100mm G2 fork to the 120mm standard?
  • 04-13-2016
    PaullyS83
    1 Attachment(s)
    '02 Big Sur Disc
    ...with a few upgrades
  • 04-24-2016
    HandiAce
    My 1995 Gary Fisher Tassajara.

  • 04-28-2016
    PaullyS83
    1 Attachment(s)
    '05 Big Sur
    She's a beaut... taking her out for the first time this Saturday. Can't wait!
  • 05-14-2016
    Lettusbee67
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    My 1995 Gary Fisher Tassajara.


    I bought that Color Tassajarra brand new BID. Loved that color combo. But, there was a problem with the frame and the LBS had to give me a new frame on warranty. Unfortunately, the replacement was metallic blue with bright Yellow Letters. I rode the bike for years, still have it. Upgraded the pedals and changed the rims to mammoth sunrims, but other than that, it is just like I bought it. Still hate the bright yellow though.
  • 05-14-2016
    HandiAce
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Lettusbee67 View Post
    I bought that Color Tassajarra brand new BID. Loved that color combo. But, there was a problem with the frame and the LBS had to give me a new frame on warranty. Unfortunately, the replacement was metallic blue with bright Yellow Letters. I rode the bike for years, still have it. Upgraded the pedals and changed the rims to mammoth sunrims, but other than that, it is just like I bought it. Still hate the bright yellow though.

    It's a great bike. Nice and maneuverable with its 26" rim diameter. I'm going to be training on this thing for a while before I decide to upgrade later on. Also love getting compliments for going "old-school".

    Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear you didn't get the pretty red color.
  • 08-06-2016
    Zox77
    2 Attachment(s)
    Wahoo
    We came a long way from a bike i bought, but there is still some bits i'll change

    Mods 2016:
    Fork - FOX float RL 32, 120mm, tuned by Trek, from Trek Fuel EX8
    Wheels - Mavic crossride disc, front 15mm, rear 12mm thru axle
    Bar - DA Bomb Bad bone
    Bar ends - XLC pro

    Mods from 2013:
    Brakes - Shimano SLX BL-m675
    Rotors - Shimano Deore XT SM-RT76, 180 mm front and rear
    Shifters - Shimano Altus M-310, 3x8
    Grips - Da Bomb Holy ****
    Pedals - Da Bomb napalm bomb
    Tyres - DA BOMB SKULL DRIVE 26X2.35