Thread: Frame warranty

T

Frame warranty

I just wanted to share my story real quick because I am quite pleased.

I am 6'8" 230lb and ride the local trails 1-2 times per week.

I recently broke the frame on my 2008 XL HiFi 29 Plus. I have broken the chain stay twice before, so this is the third warranty on this bike. I dropped it at the lbs where I bought it and told the manager if at all possible I would like a XXL 2010 frame. When I talked to him a week and a half later he told me that he discussed this with the local rep and was told they do not make a XXL in this bike. With this response I was not too confident with the shop manager or the rep, so I decided to email Trek's customer service and explain my situation. The next morning I received an email asking for the shop and manager's name. I emailed the information that afternoon. The next day I received an email stating that he had found my warranty claim and a XXL 2010 HiFi Pro would be shipping out that day. I was blown away. I have never had such a good experience with any customer service in my entire life.

Anyways, got my bike last Thursday and love it. It is unbelievable how much better this frame is than the 2008.

AZ
    banned
    Yep , Fisher warranty and customer service is second to none . Congrats .

mtbr member
    I agree. I got mine in 6 days.