Green Hornet

Fork question for my Hi-Fi pro

I broke my 07 Caliber frame in March

G.F. was nice enough to replace with a 10 Hi-Fi Pro. Huge upgrade in stiffnes etc... I loved my old bike but love my new one more. I transfered most of the old parts that would switch over onto the new one.

New parts included a XT drive train, I still have my old SRAM X-7 Rear Der. New front Der. kept my Crossmax wheelset

Here is my question: I kept my Reba 80MM front shock. Should I upgrade to the Fox F29 100 MM travel with the G-2 offset? Will I notice a diffrence in handeling? Could I get away without the G-2 offset and just ugrade to a similar Fox shock? New shocks are expensive $600+

Note on the Reba: I set it up to run 100mm when got it worked on in Feb. Since the upgrade when I add air I am getting some oil blowing out of the air valve? I have run it with little issue all summer.

if your partner tears your legs off, you aren't his riding partner anymore. he rides alone. with an extra set of legs

Trying not to kill myself
    The whole idea behind the G2 offset is to give you quicker handling characteristics, so I guess it would depend on how it feels with the Reba. If it's already nimble enough, I wouldn't spend the dough for a G2 shock. As for the oil in the air chamber, apparently it's normal:

Reba oil leak?

recovering roadie
    I have a friend that had a Supercaliber 29er. It broke and they gave him an 09 HiFi Pro frame. He put his existing non-G2 Reba on (I think it's still 80mm) and he says it's the best handling bike he's ever had, FWIW.