mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Fork for Fisher Control Column Hub Compatiblity

I have a 2011 Super Fly 100 and the front wheel is built with the Fisher FCC hub.
    If i replace the front fork with something different than the Fox that came on it, will this front wheel work?
    I can't see where the drop outs on this front fork are any different, but do not have another 29" fork to try the front wheel on.
    Thanks for any help

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbdcd View Post
    I have a 2011 Super Fly 100 and the front wheel is built with the Fisher FCC hub.
    If i replace the front fork with something different than the Fox that came on it, will this front wheel work?
    I can't see where the drop outs on this front fork are any different, but do not have another 29" fork to try the front wheel on.
    Thanks for any help
    No problem the FCC designation has nothing to do with hub spacing, drop outs, or the QR. "Fisher Control Column" hubs have spoke flanges that are a bit taller. Taller flanges = shorter spokes, which in theory should make for a stiffer wheel. If I remember correctly the 11 SF 100 came with a standard QR fork and hub. Your front hub should work with any standard QR fork.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Yes, it has the 9mm QR and the fork looks standard. It is just when you read about this hub, says it needs a special fork. Maybe they are talking about the road version. Mountain bike version certainly looks like it will fit any 9mm QR fork.

Thanks for the reply.