mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Fork for a 2011 Trek/ Fisher Marlin

I have a 2011 Marlin 29er. Still running the stock fork. I'm still very new to the upgrade part of this. I have been looking for a new fork as I will have some money to spend from income taxes. Budget is $500. I have found 2 on ebay that I think will work, but not 100%.

Give me some feedback on these and what you think, and if they will work.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    2011 Trek Marlin
    Shimano SLK Crank set
    Nashbar Pedals
    Avid BB5 brakes

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The Fox is a nicer fork IMO, but the one you see listed on Ebay won't work on your bike. The Rock Shox Reba should fit, just need to make sure the steerer tube is long enough. That info is not noted in the listing. The Fox has a tapered steerer tube 1.5" lower and 1-1/8" upper. Your frame requires 1-1/8 top and bottom.
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    You do not have to get a G2 specific fork. I have a 2011 Mamba and put a normal offset fork on it. Keep in mind regular offset is 44mm so the difference is minimal.
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    This place is like high school, except the morons here don't get automatically put in stupid kid classes...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lew s lugnut View Post
    The Fox has a tapered steerer tube 1.5" lower and 1-1/8" upper. Your frame requires 1-1/8 top and bottom.
    A tapered fork will fit your 2011 Marlin/Mamba/Cobia/X-Cal frame. They have a 44mm headtube so you can run either steer tube type with the proper headset. I've since replaced my G2 Recon fork with a tapered Marzocchi 44 Micro ti with regular (44mm) offset. Steering the bike with the new fork seems faster than with the the old G2 offset. My front is much different now with the fork. The thru-axle seemed to add the most stiffness to the front end of my bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Great information thanks for posting!!
    2011 Trek Marlin
    Shimano SLK Crank set
    Nashbar Pedals
    Avid BB5 brakes