Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Fisher!!!!! - Trek!!!!

I Just Got A Email From My Lbs Saying My Warranty Frame Has Been Pushed Back To Sep 6th. The Warranty Clam Was Submitted On May 28th. So I Called Got A Hold Of A Higher Up Person At Trek And I Was Really Pissed When I Called Him And All He Said Was They Were Doing Everything They Could To Get My Taken Care Of. That Is phucking bull$hit If They Were Doing Everything They Could I Would Have A New Frame By Now. 4 Months Is phucking Ridiculous. So Basically They Are Saying It's "ok" To Ride A Broken Frame.

So Anyone Looking To By A Trek Or 2010 Fisher Product I Would Look Else Ware. Yes They Make A Bad Ass Ridding Bike But They Could Give A $hit About You Once The Sale Has Been Made.
    Last edited by Jasontech; 07-13-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Spice
    Dec 2008
    Sucks, can the shop you bought it from provide a replacement frame whilst you are waiting?
    What frame was it?

Just so you know, putting a capital letter at the beginning of every word makes it pretty hard to read!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I had 2 frames replaced by Fisher, both took less than one week, so now the score is even. I think you will find a lot more positive comments about Trek's customer service than negative.

What frame did you break?

mtbr member
    Super Fly 100. Their Flag ship bike...

mtbr member
    I would be seriously pissed at paying that much for a bike and then not being able to ride it all summer because of a situation outside your control.

If it's been accepted as a warranty repair the frame should be out to you fast. If they can't get it out to you they should work something else out.

Waiting 12 plus weeks is just horrible.

Do you think they are out of GF branded frames and don't yet have a run of Trek branded frames available?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    So Are You Riding The Aforementioned Phucking Piece Of Trek Gary Fisher Sh&$, Or aRe You Dead In The Phucking Water With No Phucking Boat So To Speak ?
    You guys should try the capitalization thing, it's PhUcKiNG hArD.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasontech
    I Just Got A Email From My Lbs Saying My Warranty Frame Has Been Pushed Back To Sep 6th. The Warranty Clam Was Submitted On May 28th. So I Called Got A Hold Of A Higher Up Person At Trek And I Was Really Pissed When I Called Him And All He Said Was They Were Doing Everything They Could To Get My Taken Care Of. That Is phucking bull$hit If They Were Doing Everything They Could I Would Have A New Frame By Now. 4 Months Is phucking Ridiculous. So Basically They Are Saying It's "ok" To Ride A Broken Frame. If The Frame Breaks And I Get Hurt I Will Sue The Hell Out Of Them And I Will Win.

So Anyone Looking To By A Trek Or 2010 Fisher Product I Would Look Else Ware. Yes They Make A Bad Ass Ridding Bike But They Could Give A $hit About You Once The Sale Has Been Made.

Trek I Hope You Read This And phuck Off!!

Thank You.

You are stupid. They basically saying that they are completely out of frames and they need to wait for some more frame to come over on a boat from Taiwan. If you ride a damaged frame and get hurt and try to sue Trek, Trek's lawyers will push your $hit in.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
    Since about half of the posts on here are about intangibles or hypotheticals, let's hear it!

MTBing Ninja Assassin
    I'd be pissed if I spent $5K and got a six month wait until they replaced my broken frame. Dam chit end of the stick....
    Last edited by OneSick29ER; 07-13-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    2010 Giant XTC1 29er - Easton Carbon Bars, Easton Carbon Stem, Straitline Platforms, Cat Eye V3, and one comfy seat.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm thinking about buying a Superfly 100 but only at a steep discount. I even told the guys at a large Trek dealer(Jax Bicycles) that in light of the Superfly 100's warranty issues it would be very hard for me to fork over anything near full retail price for this bicycle. The guys at Jax even told me that 8 Superfly 100's had gone out of their particular store (Fullerton) and 4 had come back with warranty issues.

Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view) I think these bikes are probably going to get discounted in a major way at the end of the year. I think you're going to see $3000-$3500 retail prices for Gary Fisher Superfly 100 bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetosphere
    You are stupid. They basically saying that they are completely out of frames and they need to wait for some more frame to come over on a boat from Taiwan. If you ride a damaged frame and get hurt and try to sue Trek, Trek's lawyers will push your $hit in.

Sounds like your the "Stupid" one here. they SF 100 frame is made in Wisconsin dumb ass.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasontech
    Sounds like your the "Stupid" one here. they SF 100 frame is made in Wisconsin dumb ass.
    Might as well be Tiawan. Take your pick:

A frame made by cheap labor with questionable quality.

Or:

A frame made by some cheesehead who's hungover after the Packer loss.

Plastic homer
    Quote Originally Posted by mefistofeles

Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view) I think these bikes are probably going to get discounted in a major way at the end of the year. I think you're going to see $3000-$3500 retail prices for Gary Fisher Superfly 100 bikes.
    I'll say "fortunately". I have a geared one I can't do without - but I'd like to rig another as an SS with a YESS tensioner, per another poster here.

As for Taiwan and "cheap" labor - lots and lots of the world's best bikes come from Taiwan. Often the problems come from the engineering - even the carbon lay-up/ply schedule.

Guess where the engineering is done.

And, domestic frames are breaking too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Jasontech, I am with you on this one, but aren't you the same guy who said this on the "other" broken SF 100 thread when some of us made allegations similar to yours?

"If you had a 2010 SF 100 warrantied you will get a 2011 frame with the 2010 paint. I called Trek..

ALSO WITH ALL OF THE PEOPLE ON HERE THINKING THEY KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND NOW ALL OF THE ANSWERS DO WHAT I DID CALL TREK AND ASK THEM.... IT'S AMAZING WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO TO THE SOURCE FOR ANSWERS!!!! 800-879-8735."

Look, I'm with you here. This is terrible. I can't seem to get any real responses from them either. I'm just giving you a hard time.

Anyone else out there who has broken their SF 100 since June 1st receive a replacement frame?

mtbr member
    "Why Is Everything Typed Like This?"

I brought my 2009 HiFi Deluxe in on a Saturday Afternoon with a broken swing arm (not the "usual spot"). I was called on Friday evening to pick it up. I missed 1 weekend riding day.

Your situation sucks and I feel for you. It is not typical though. Hopefully everything works out well for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Twenty Times
    "Why Is Everything Typed Like This?"

I brought my 2009 HiFi Deluxe in on a Saturday Afternoon with a broken swing arm (not the "usual spot"). I was called on Friday evening to pick it up. I missed 1 weekend riding day.

Your situation sucks and I feel for you. It is not typical though. Hopefully everything works out well for you.
    I'm not sure why jasontech chooses to utilize that method of communication. I kind of like it, though.

Anyway, I think the problem right now is particular to SF 100. As I said on a prior thread, I purchased mine in April I believe. It broke after several weeks, and they got me a replacement frame in a week or two. Then, it broke after 2-3 rides in the exact same place. That was either the last week of May or the first week of June I believe. They told me I would get my replacement in June or July. Now, no one will give me any type of response. Ever since the announcement of the "Gary Fisher Collection," no one at Trek seems to know what the hell is going on. Pretty disappointing.

mtbr member
    I typed the entire message in CAPS and when I posted it This Happened And I'm Not Sure Why.. HEHE

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goliver
    Jasontech, I am with you on this one, but aren't you the same guy who said this on the "other" broken SF 100 thread when some of us made allegations similar to yours?

"If you had a 2010 SF 100 warrantied you will get a 2011 frame with the 2010 paint. I called Trek..

ALSO WITH ALL OF THE PEOPLE ON HERE THINKING THEY KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND NOW ALL OF THE ANSWERS DO WHAT I DID CALL TREK AND ASK THEM.... IT'S AMAZING WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GO TO THE SOURCE FOR ANSWERS!!!! 800-879-8735."

Look, I'm with you here. This is terrible. I can't seem to get any real responses from them either. I'm just giving you a hard time.

Anyone else out there who has broken their SF 100 since June 1st receive a replacement frame?
    That's me... I got the answer to why they were taking their sweet ass time. now I'm just pissed that my deliver date has been moved back for the 5th time. That's all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mefistofeles
    I'm thinking about buying a Superfly 100 but only at a steep discount. I even told the guys at a large Trek dealer(Jax Bicycles) that in light of the Superfly 100's warranty issues it would be very hard for me to fork over anything near full retail price for this bicycle. The guys at Jax even told me that 8 Superfly 100's had gone out of their particular store (Fullerton) and 4 had come back with warranty issues.

You won't see these bikes discounted.. Plus the Gary Fisher line is GONE.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goliver
    I'm not sure why jasontech chooses to utilize that method of communication. I kind of like it, though.

Anyway, I think the problem right now is particular to SF 100. As I said on a prior thread, I purchased mine in April I believe. It broke after several weeks, and they got me a replacement frame in a week or two. Then, it broke after 2-3 rides in the exact same place. That was either the last week of May or the first week of June I believe. They told me I would get my replacement in June or July. Now, no one will give me any type of response. Ever since the announcement of the "Gary Fisher Collection," no one at Trek seems to know what the hell is going on. Pretty disappointing.
    Must be something with Taiwan. Just speculation, but maybe since switching the GF line to Trek and cutting out the current supplier, they are giving Trek-Fisher the big F-U?

Personally, I think if trek is having problems with the SF or SF 100's - they better get to stepping and making people whole again. These are high priced, race ready rides that they are taking away from people. It is bad enough if any bike breaks, but when the price tags rise, it becomes more and more heart wrenching. if they will leave the owners of their $5K bikes hanging, what will they do to the owners of those who own, $2,500, $1,500, $500?

They did right by me. I was very happy (obviously). I do though feel for you guys and wish you well and HOPE LIKE HELL you have back up rides.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Well, this is not a surprise to me. Given the discussions else where on these forums, (ex link below) Trek seems to be headed down a very bad path. Considering the issues they are having with their bikes, the total inability to get replacement frames in the hands of their existing customers in anything short of 5 months+ because of an admitted redesign, the fact that the Gary Fisher as a brand is going away precisely because of warranty issues and poor production quality (see Treks press release about the move), that Trek is changing the warranty from lifetime to 2 years on the rear end on f/s bikes, that they would take a customers $5,600 and leave them bike-less for so long....and that recently there were some carbon head tube failures on their Madone's and Trek took the "high road" of blaming FSA's stems for the failures (while quietly adding material to their head tubes "just in case I guess)....any one of these would be unique, taken together though they seem to paint a consistent oath Trek seems to be going down. I for one hope they change direction as I believe they have always built good bikes and have been leaders in customer service in the bike industry.

I am also shocked, given the resources they have at their disposal in Madison, that they have not been able to quickly correct this and get ramped back up.Not doing so means Trek has put themselves in the position of not being able to sell a bike of this caliber all summer because they were unable to produce them. That is a lot of money they are leaving on the table.

I was looking at trading in my current f/s 26'er for a Superfly 100. Given the production slips, the fact that I rode a SF back to back with my bike and liked my super plush current 26'er better, the broken frames related to me by my local Trek Store and on here ..... I canceled my order. After reading your struggles here I am very glad I did! I use to like Trek as a company and their bikes. They make sweet road bikes, but this may be very troubling for those as well. Superfly's are made from OCLV in Madison, the same place their current Madone's are.

They really have sold 8 bikes in your area in the time frame you have been waiting? Wow.

Superfly 100 15 miles & crack in swing arm!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I am sure liking mine , ridden hard on rocky trails even crashed and cracked some ribs and no problems at all with frame my lbs even sold one to a 300lb guy and he has had no problems...........

A high end light carbon mtb bike always pushes envelope never good to have just one mtb in the quiver if you are wanting something light.......get a single speed to ride until ur frame comes back and you will be surprised how well you climb....

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by suvowner
    I am sure liking mine , ridden hard on rocky trails even crashed and cracked some ribs and no problems at all with frame my lbs even sold one to a 300lb guy and he has had no problems...........

A high end light carbon mtb bike always pushes envelope never good to have just one mtb in the quiver if you are wanting something light.......get a single speed to ride until ur frame comes back and you will be surprised how well you climb....
    You must be kidding? This is not the 1970's and we are not buying a Maserati (when you had to buy 2 so you had 1 to drive while the other was in the shop). Are you seriously saying that spending north of $5k on a mtn bike we should expect to have to buy a second bike as a spare? As for light carbon mtn bikes being fragile, that is a crock.

I ride the heck out of my Scott Genius, and am about 200 lbs and it's been very reliable, and lighter than a friends Superfly 100. I have friends on Trek Fuel EX 9.9 SSL's, and they ride the snot out of the, no issues. Same goes for a few people I now on carbon Giant's. Also, most of the people I have heard of with broken SF's have not been Clydesdale's. The thread I noted, the guy put 15 miles on his and it cracked. The issue is clearly note one of light weight bikes being weak, is seems it is a design/production.materials issue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Duc Hunter
    You must be kidding? This is not the 1970's and we are not buying a Maserati (when you had to buy 2 so you had 1 to drive while the other was in the shop). Are you seriously saying that spending north of $5k on a mtn bike we should expect to have to buy a second bike as a spare? As for light carbon mtn bikes being fragile, that is a crock.

I ride the heck out of my Scott Genius, and am about 200 lbs and it's been very reliable, and lighter than a friends Superfly 100. I have friends on Trek Fuel EX 9.9 SSL's, and they ride the snot out of the, no issues. Same goes for a few people I now on carbon Giant's. Also, most of the people I have heard of with broken SF's have not been Clydesdale's. The thread I noted, the guy put 15 miles on his and it cracked. The issue is clearly note one of light weight bikes being weak, is seems it is a design/production.materials issue.
    No not 2 of the same bike but good to have a fs and hard tail ...........if u ride a lot sooner or later something will break and you will be waiting for some part and no riding until it comes in ....so just have more than one bike to ride, makes the same old trails new again by riding it on diff bikes and your not mad ass he'll when you don't get the bike fixed in a few weeks

Went through this whole thing with niner and was amazing how many frame manufacturing experts there are on mtbr.....in the mean time i love my trouble free sf100 and if it breaks no worries i will just ride my hard tail till it gets replaced...it is the best riding bike i have been on by a big factor......

All this talk about fisher and trek the bike will be made by the same people as before fisher has been trek for a long time now it is just a decal, nothing else is really changing except the fisher decal is now much smaller

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by suvowner
    All this talk about fisher and trek the bike will be made by the same people as before fisher has been trek for a long time now it is just a decal, nothing else is really changing except the fisher decal is now much smaller
    EXACTLY the point many are making, and you made it so succinctly. The same people have been making the ones that are breaking, and they cannot get replacements out for 5 months, so the future does not look any brighter to many here than the past has as far as Superfly's. You are lucky, I hope your luck holds. You do know there is a revised swing arm out already, and they are releasing a revised main frame with an aluminum insert for the swing link, right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Duc Hunter
    EXACTLY the point many are making, and you made it so succinctly. The same people have been making the ones that are breaking, and they cannot get replacements out for 5 months, so the future does not look any brighter to many here than the past has as far as Superfly's. You are lucky, I hope your luck holds. You do know there is a revised swing arm out already, and they are releasing a revised main frame with an aluminum insert for the swing link, right?
    Yep but mine is working fine....I weigh in the low 160's and revised stuff almost always gets heavier......and also changes in carbon lay up hear and there as well i hear.....I could care less though as mine rides great is light and plenty stiff....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast