Thread: Fisher Cronus

Monocog Masher

Fisher Cronus

I know the Cronus is a road bike but I'M at mountain biker so its applicable to this forum. Anyway, thoughts on the Cronus? I'm particularily interested in the Cronus Pro (Ultegra). I think it's time get a new road bike and I'm interested in relaxed compact geometry, e.g. Felt Zseries, Specialized Robaix, etc. The Cronus seems pretty relaxed, at least more so than the Madone. Anyone have experience?

I already checked with my Fisher dealer and they told me they are sold out and I will have to wait to August anyway.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I have a ARC Pro and love it. It's been a great bike. I just have it built up as a trainer with a full Sram rival group.

The Chronus looks sweet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The shop I'm at just got a Chronus 105 in. I think it's a 54. I demoed one back to back at a Trek Demo day and was impressed. It was very smooth. It is also very versatile with the hidden fender mounts and ability to run wide tires. It was in the running, but I just got a too-good-to-pass-up deal on a 5 series Madone.

I hate that name.
    Cronus is definitely a sweet frame, super stiff. It does have a more relaxed riding position due to a tall headtube. One of my coworkers has been riding one for few months and loves it. Got rid of his Madone because whenever he rode it, he wished he was riding the Cronus.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    I have a Chronos Ultimate - it is a freaking awesome bike! Rides very nice, stiff, handles excellent, sprints well - the best road bike I have ever had (I have owned a lot of different bikes and rode pretty much everything before I bought the Chronos)

The Geometry works perfect for me - I can actually run the bike with no spacers under the stem and a negative rise stem... and it works perfect. I would keep this bike until I die, however I was recently sponsored by a frame company so it is going up for sale... bummer.

If you are in AZ and want to ride it... drop me a line and you can take it out for a ride as long as I have it. Everyone that has ridden my Chronos has ordered one shortly after...