mtbr member

Smile First Mountain Bike: 2000 Gary Fisher Big Sur

Hello all,

I've been lurking around the forums for the last few weeks reading reviews on various bikes and think I finally found a winner. A few days ago I found a 2000 Gary Fisher Big Sur on Craigslist for under $200 and after trying it out I couldn't say no! It definitely has some wear and tear cosmetically but rides great and even has some new Shimano XT derailleurs on it.

I'm pretty excited, but I also know that it is going to need some upgrades over time. I'll probably head over to the Beginners Forum to ask about good gear, but I wanted to say "Hi" and officially introduce myself into the Gary Fisher club.

Once I get it cleaned up a bit I might post some pictures :-)

Wizard of the Trail
    aaaaaaawwwwwww yyyyyyeah!!! Congrats dude!!!!!!!
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    The 2000 Big Sur was my first Gary Fisher. I rode the crap out of it for six years before buying a new one. I hung on to it. That bike is still solid. I play around on it in my backyard from time to time. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    I bought a Gary Fisher Joshua last year for 40 dollars. I sold my hardtail that I paid a lot more for. It's a much better ride than my entry level trek bike. Not only was it cheap, but it was small too and a perfect fit. It's probably a 96 and has an obnoxious color scheme. I love the bike.

I get funny looks from the other mountain bikers on the trail cause my bike is "oldskool" or maybe it's because it's brightly colored. The old full suspension I have is definatly better than no suspension and the bike is better suited for the rocky **** I ride.