mtbr member
    May 2010

Finally my first GF.....

After riding dept store bikes in the past, I finally decided I wanted to get a "real" bike. I've been really liking the Marlins and Wahoos after a test ride and comparing it to other brands and models. I was going to pick up a brand new 2009 Marlin no disc yesterday from LBS, but decided to take a look at a bike I found on Craigslist first. It was a 2009 Tessajara. The frame was just done as a warranty replacement, but never registered by the current owner or bike shop that did the replacement. It has a new Eaton stem and bars, Deore shifters and derailers, Juicy 3's, Rock Shox Tora SL fork. The owner bought a Hi-Fi and decided not to ride it after the rebuild, so he could basically sell it as a new bike. No nicks or chips on the frame all. Let me know what you think guys?...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finally my first GF.....-tessajara.jpg  

I hate that name.
    Looks good, except for the seat being pointed at the ground
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by blunderbuss
    Looks good, except for the seat being pointed at the ground
    +1 
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I haven't had time to touch it since I brought it home. I had to spend time making my better half happy this weekend... I'll spend time tweeking this week.

fraid of heights
    I thought there were going to be pictures of your Girl Friend here...???

mtbr member
    May 2010
    LOL... They were in appropriate, so I decided to post the bike instead... The only thing I would have done different would have been black wheels. I still love the way it looks though
    Last edited by cdubb; 06-07-2010 at 01:46 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Not so sure the seat is angled wrong.
    The wall seems to slant to the right quite a bit.

mtbr member
    I hate it.

Only kidding man. Enjoy it. Compared toe dept store bike, you are going from a '92 Civic to an 2010 (well 2009) Acura.

Master of Disaster
    I demo'd a 2010 Tassajara at my LBS and loved it - great fork (Tora air) and nice enough brakes (Juicy 3).

Then I got into 29er's and did a trail demo of a 2010 HiFi Deluxe 29er which I can't afford. Ever since then...well, you ever ridden a high-end, full-squish bike?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Clones123
    I demo'd a 2010 Tassajara at my LBS and loved it - great fork (Tora air) and nice enough brakes (Juicy 3).

Then I got into 29er's and did a trail demo of a 2010 HiFi Deluxe 29er which I can't afford. Ever since then...well, you ever ridden a high-end, full-squish bike?
    I haven't ridden one, dud ot the fact I didnt want to tease myself with somethint I can't afford....lol