nOOb
    May 2008

It finally came in yea!!!

Teaser picture, it won't be assembled until later today. Can't wait to take it out and sweat all over it's sexy body
    Only 1 water bottle mount, other than that it's gorgeous.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It finally came in yea!!!-img_20110901_141435.jpg  

nOOb
    May 2008
    Okay maybe another picture, the full picture came out to blurry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It finally came in yea!!!-img_20110901_141422.jpg  

29er
    Aug 2011
    Superfly 100 Elite

Can you post some more pics?

I ordered the Superfly Elite, looking forward to it
    I really love the blue touches here and there

nOOb
    May 2008
    I can, but I am at home and I will pick it up from the shop later today. I like the color scheme better in person, the blue is rather pleasing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Sweet Bike! Love it. Congratulations

nOOb
    May 2008
    Too tired and the light is too poor for good shots. I'll clean it up and set everything tomorrow. It weighed 26.2 lbs with a pair of platform pedals. The only thing I'm doing is changing to tubeless tires and putting a Garmin mount and seatbag on it.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Nice !
    What size frame ?
    I'm forking over my deposit for a 23" tomorrow...supposed to take 3-4 weeks

nOOb
    May 2008
    19.5"

mtbr member
    Gorgeous bike! I was def going for one but couldn't pass on the deal I just got on the 2011 elite. Enjoy!!!

mtbr member
    Looks awesome! I'm looking at the AL version. Still really dissapointed in the colors of these, but the Black/Blue is the best one in my opinion, unfortunately, only the AL Pro comes in this color, so $$$$.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    This bike is sexy!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Any ride reports ?

nOOb
    May 2008
    I have ridden the bike over two of my three favorite trails.

Firstly, the tires suck for anything wet or damp, and they are not tubeless. I made them tubeless last night, I will evaluate them that way today when I go for an easier fire road and rocky gravel road type ride. I'm leaving them on only because I have a long race of that type in less than 2 weeks and I want to use them in that. Other than the grip in the wet, they do really well in the dry and slightly dry singletrack and climbs. They roll really fast on anything hardpack. I know that they are more a dry race-type tire so some of these traits are a moot point.
    The suspension is pretty good, I have it set per Trek's website set-up guide as of now. It rolls over anything, and the grip while climbing at the rear is great. I keep forgetting that I can sit down and let the shock do the work as I'm still used to my old bike. I was hitting pretty near the full travel on both ends and it didn't really feel like it, I guess that's a testament to it's effectiveness. In places I was used to getting jarred at the wrists and legs I didn't notice that I went smoothly over until I'd thought back about it. The lock outs are nice, I just wish they were handlebar mounted as I hate reaching down to lock out the rear shock. The rear shock is also too close to my Camelback Podium bottle when that's in the cage, and it has only one water bottle spot on the bike so a Camelback is a must if I don't want a bottle in my jersey pocket. The front shock bolt also started coming out on a ride, I had to crank it back in with my multi-tool. If it had come out on the trail I would have been seriously irritated, the bike might have received damage, and it could have caused an accident.
    The 29 wheels are great, I have another 29er so no surprises there.
    The brakes are simply awesome. The levers are very small, and I only use 1 finger for braking. Great modulation and power, I don't really know if I can find any weakness there.
    The 2 x 10 drivetrain is ideal for xc riding, I've always been a fan even back in the Ritchey days, and it's my first 2 x 10 and I love it. The shifting is crisp, it's spot on and precise and I don't think I'd change anything. I have not ridden Sram XX or XTR though. The brake levers and shifter pods are hard to adjust, it seems like my thumb knuckle is always hitting the shifter lever.
    The cockpit is a touch shorter than I am used to. I think I will go for a setback seatpost over a longer stem, I tried moving around on the bike while riding and that seemed better to me.
    Overall I love the bike, currently it just needs some adjusting to fit me and we have to learn to fit together as a team.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Awesome, thanks for the update nOOky.
    Were you comfortable with stock bar and seat ?
    Did the wheels feel plenty stiff ?

nOOb
    May 2008
    I hacked about 3/4" of each end of the handlebars, went to a simple aluminum bottle cage to make getting the bottle out easier, and honestly the seat was pretty transparent so it must be okay.
    The wheels felt fairly stiff, I did some road riding with the shocks locked out on my way to the trails, and I don't recall feeling any flex when cornering hard on the pavement. I think that's a better test than trying to judge while the suspension is soaking up any bumps.