Fortes Fortuna Iuvat

Feasible price for an '07 Fat Possum XT Demo?

I have my eyes on an '07 Fat Possum XT that was a Demo bike. I'm really not sure what it is worth. I am aware there are crank issues with this bike, so I guess that would negatively affect the price. If I could pick this up for around $1400 would it be worth it?

There are a few scratches here and there, but no noticeable dents. I weigh 250lbs and subsequently tend to be hard on parts. With all the horror stories of GF frames cracking, I am somewhat paranoid that I'll have to deal with that. Have the Possums had any frame failures? Would a 19" frame fit someone that is 6'2'?

My last 2 bikes have been Fishers and I would like to keep it that way, but not if I'm going to be constantly buying new frames.

Thank you so much for your help guys!

EDIT: Bike appears to have the Pike 409 and rear shock from '06 so it may not be an '07.
    Last edited by Datalogger; 07-28-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Rip
    Broken
    If it's orange and has the 409 and a split rpa, it's an 06.

I'm 6' and fit a 17.5 just right, so 6'2" on a 19 sounds about right. Don't hear about alot of frame failures with the fat possums. I did crack the rear swing arm on mine, but was able to get it warrantied I beat the living daylights out of my 2006 Fat Possum XO.

Price wise, $1400-1500 sounds about right.
    À tout le monde. À tous mes amis. Je vous aime. Je dois partir.
    These are the last words I'll ever speak And they'll set me free

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
    Thank you for the info Rip.