mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Cracked Seat Tube on 08 Paragon Frame

Hello Fisher people.

I recently noticed that the seat tube on my 08 Paragon is cracked just above where the top tube intersects it.

The local bike shop believes it is under warenty and have started the process of getting me a new frame. They have been amazingly nice about it.

My question is how common these sorts of frame failures are on Paragons and is the new frame is likely to do the same thing. Are the new Paragon frames less likely to fail in this way? I am somewhat concerned, as this bike really only has one summer of riding on it, as I bought it late last fall.

I am fairly big guy (6'2", 215lbs suited up), but not unusually big. I don't ride particularly aggressively, and generally am not all that hard on bikes.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    my rig cracked in exactly the same spot, so I'm also waiting for a warranty frame to arrive

given the similarity in frame designs, I'd say there's a likely design issue.

Warrior's Society
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Mine (a 2008 bought in 11/08) broke a few months after I bought it. They sent me a Superfly which has been great. But now the crown on the Fox F29 fork has cracked on both sides. Fox was great they warrantied and repaired the fork at no cost to me. So if anyone has an annoying ticking or clicking in the fork headset area take it in and get it looked at.
    Ride & Smile

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Back in business..

Fisher/Trek set me up with a new frame and I am back in business. I must say I am very happy with their service - they got me a replacement frame in around a week (not bad, as I live in Fairbanks Alaska, land of the slow shipping), and my lbs had my frame swapped out a couple of days later. Much to my surprise my LBS, Goldstream Sports, didn't even charge me for the swap - super folks those guys.

Hurray!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'm interested to know what frame they replaced it with? 2010? 2011?

lurking no more
    Quote Originally Posted by kookie0326
    2nd that

mtbr member
    Yes I agree. let us know if their out of the 2010 replacement frames already

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kookie0326
    The replacement frame is a 2010 I believe. It rides pretty much the same to the 2008 it replaced and I am very happy with it. Hopefully they fixed the problem and the frame will last a lot longer..