Thread: Chain issues...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Chain issues...

Hi my name is Chris and I ride a 2010 GF Cobia, I like to buy chains ride them once or twice and then have them break or bend on me. My favorite is when I am peddling uphill and the chain gets stuck between chainstay and front cassette causing me to come to a halt and most times fall over and tumble back down the hill.

I currently use a whole chain made out of powerlinks as this seems to be the only way I can ensure I will be able to continue riding once the failure happens.

I have adjusted about everything I know how and will be attending a clinic on Thursday held at local LBS that discusses the ins' and outs' of deraileurs. I have already called ahead and "gently" offered for them to use my bike during the demonstration.

/end rant/

mtbr member
    Sounds like worn rings and cassette to me. Or a bent tooth or bur somewhere.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinshield
    Sounds like worn rings and cassette to me. Or a bent tooth or bur somewhere.
    Twisted link in chain. Fixed and threw a powerlink in, so far no issues. I love my GF again.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XxRedbaronxX
    Twisted link in chain. Fixed and threw a powerlink in, so far no issues. I love my GF again.
    LOL Funny how that works...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Hopefully Sarcasm was noted in my original post. LOL (Note to self make sure add appropriate emoticons when being sarcastic)

Members who have read this thread: 0