mtbr member
    May 2008

Carbon Fiber Rigid Fork on G2 Frame

Has anyone switched to a Niner Carbon Fiber Rigid Fork or White Industries on their Fisher G2 Frames? My FOX fork is in need of a $150 rebuild so I am considering just swapping it out for a carbon fiber rigid. Any thoughts?

WNC Native
    The Niner fork would probably work well. I ran an On One Carbon Fiber fork on my G2 bike for while and loved it.

FYI- The On One fork is the closest to G2 correct you can get with a rigid fork, unless you go custom.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    There is a thread on the 29er forum showing several Superflys with the Niner fork.

For what is is worth, the Fat Cyclist uses one on his SFSS as well.

I am considering switching to the Niner carbon when the time comes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I use the Niner on the SuperFly and it is great

mtbr member
    I use the NIner on my X-caliber. I love it.

Full fledged member
    How does the carbon rigid feel?? My back hurts sometimes with my HT and I think that a rigid fork would rattle me a bit. I used to ride rigid years ago but years catch up to me and sometimes I feel like a paint can in a paint shaker. I am no condesending please do not get me wrong. Maybe I should try is for myself.
    1.21 Gigawatts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayne
    How does the carbon rigid feel?? My back hurts sometimes with my HT and I think that a rigid fork would rattle me a bit. I used to ride rigid years ago but years catch up to me and sometimes I feel like a paint can in a paint shaker. I am no condesending please do not get me wrong. Maybe I should try is for myself.
    I think the fact that its carbon it helps a lot. I don't think I could ride steel personally. From my experience the carbon helps a lot with trail chatter. The right tire helps as well. Give it a try. Look in the classifieds on here or on ebay and see if you find a used one fr cheap. I would recommend the Niner.