Big Damn Hero

Bringing my GF back to life...

Back in 1996 when I was 16 I bought a GF Tassajara. I immediately put a Manitou Mach 5 shock on the front and proceeded to ride the snot out of it until late 1999 when I had a bad crash that resulted in a broken wrist (and confidence). During my recovery time, I had a ride on a friends sport bike and got hooked. I spent basically 2000-2009 riding and racing supersport motorcycles while my bike gathered dust in my garage(s). For all intents and purposes, the bike has been sitting in the garage for 10 years with basically a handful of rides through the neighborhood thrown in over the years.

Last year I got back into cycling and bought a full suspension KHS. But as we all know, variety is the spice of life and I'd like to have a hardtail option to ride as well. I took the GF out of the garage today and noticed that the shifters (Shimano STX) are basically frozen (I can change just one gear and one chainring) and the fork is completely frozen... no compression at all.

Aside from the obvious things I'll need to replace (chain, tires, tubes, cables, brake pads) and potentially the shifters and fork, is there anything else I should look into? I know I'll probably get shamed for this, but I don't know most bicycle maintenance and will be taking it to the LBS. I want to give them a list of stuff to check out and hope that they will be thorough, but don't want to get fleeced into buying stuff I don't need. Any suggestions you all can provide would be much appreciated!

At Work
    I have some lx 9 speed shifter / brake levers if you want them. Also some lx shifter pods only. Cheap.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

Big Damn Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by sxr-racer View Post
    I have some lx 9 speed shifter / brake levers if you want them. Also some lx shifter pods only. Cheap.
    Ok thanks, I might take you up on that. Waiting to hear back from the LBS first though.