mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Anyone running 100mm forks on Superfly HT's?

I know the Hardtail superflys come stock with 80mm forks,
    Has anyone when to 100mm? If so, hows the handling?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    also, can the 80mm that comes with the Superfly be extended to 100mm like the 29er 80mm Rebas that G.F. was using in the past.

Living the thug life.
    I am running a non G2 reba XX @ 100. Good stuff. The fox forks can be brought out to 100 I am almost certain.
    I proudly ride for these guys.

My blog.

Plastic homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Logantri
    I am running a non G2 reba XX @ 100. Good stuff. The fox forks can be brought out to 100 I am almost certain.
    Sure can.

I had to build up my '09 SS Fly from the frame - the only G2 Fox I could find was at 100mm. Tried it that way - spaced it back to 80. I run my forks pretty firm anyway, so don't use the full 80 travel usually, and I don't have the "chopper" feeling the bike has when at 100.

eschewing obfuscation
    i run my fly at 80mm as i find it suits the geometry best. however, plenty of folks extend their forks from 80mm to 100mm (same fork, just set up differently internally) and like it. i have a buddy who rides for the 29er crew, wins lots of xc races, and runs his at 100mm. personally, i find it slows the front end down too much but it's really a matter of personal preference.
    "Bikes have wheels." -Noam Chomsky

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeNeverwinter
    also, can the 80mm that comes with the Superfly be extended to 100mm like the 29er 80mm Rebas that G.F. was using in the past.
    I had my fox(on my 2009 Ferrous 29) extended from 80mm to 100mm at the local fox shop, took about 20 min and improved the bike's handeling and ride enormously, highly reccomended.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks guys. I will give it a try at 100. Could always just go down to 80.