Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Anyone with a Roscoe yet?

I am trying to get some riding impressions of the Roscoe. Anyone have one yet? Whats the actual weight?

Im buying my first FS next spring, and im starting to do a bit of research. I want to do a Fisher because i get EP deal through my work (rock climbing, and backpacking store, not a bike shop), and so far, my riding impressions with Fisher have been awesome. I loved the HiFi, and up until they announced the release of the Roscoe, i was set on getting an 09 HiFi Deluxe.

I know the HiFi is lighter, which is good. Im a smaller rider (5'10" @ 155lbs), so i dont need anything too burly, but i love the idea of the ABP in the Roscoe. And it looks badass, especially compared to the 09 HiFi Deluxe...blah.

So does anyone have a riding comparison, technical comparison, and opinion between the 09 HiFi Deluxe and Roscoe III

Double-metric mtb man
    See if Francois (admin) will chat with you...he's ridden one. I know I haven't seen any here and we have 3 Fisher dealers locally.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

MTBR Member
    Yes, I would be interested to hear what he has to say about it. Report back if you get a chance to chat with him.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The reviews by Francois were posted only a couple months ago.
    Look back a few post pages for threads started by him on this board.
    There were two posts, one started here and another one that pointed to the review posted elsewhere on this site.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've owned a HiFi Pro for about two years now and got a chance to get a few hours in on a Roscoe this summer. IMO, it boils down to location/terrain. Where I live now (central IA) there is absolutely no need for the Roscoe. The bike really is like cheating. It climbed decently well (really well for something with that much travel) and is super fast downhill. I'll keep the HiFi for around here, though if I were to move out west again I'd give the Roscoe some serious consideration.

ABP does make a difference, though I've not found the HiFi to have a ton of brake feedback. The pivot on the seatstay is close enough to the axle that there isn't much brake jack.

Tough to go wrong with either one... I would say neither is a better bike, but that one is going to be better suited to your riding conditions and style.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yea, i live in MO, which is similar terrain to IA i would think. Technical single track, but not huge downhills of big drops. Although id like to make it out west, maybe i'll just stick with the HiFi. Im pretty sure im gonna get to Demo both of them in November, and i cant wait!

mtbr member
    I think these sound like really interesting bikes. I'm not sure what to expect from this new shock and I think the 15QR will be a nice change to the fork. And it looks like a rugged bike for a clyde like me.

Definitely would be interested in some pics and a report if anyone has one.

Double-metric mtb man
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamer19
    I think these sound like really interesting bikes. I'm not sure what to expect from this new shock and I think the 15QR will be a nice change to the fork. And it looks like a rugged bike for a clyde like me.
    As another clyde, I'm looking at the Roscoe as a heavy XC / trail / light AM rig. Should be pretty good for general riding for us, but Fisher is still absent from the heavy AM / light FR / occasional DH run (think of bikes like the Giant Reign X, SC Nomad and Marin Quake) segment that I'm progressing into.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

not really an mtbr member
    If you're in MO (I'm in kansas) and the trails are similar (which is what it sounds) the Roscoe will be totally overkill. I have a supercaliber and the pivot design is already very good, there's no noticeable brake jack.

And they won't be available for a while still.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I was just in our local Fisher dealer picking up my wife's Hi-Fi and drueling over the new Rig and Hi-Fi 29ers, they said that the first Roscoes wouldn't be ariving until sometime in November (at least at his stores).

I know it's not important, but I really like the paint jobs on the '09s too. There's a good lengthy write up on it in the newest Mountain Bike Action magazine if you get a chance to check that out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Called in my LBS today & asked if any news on my roscoe, delivery date 3-11 08. :-)
    this is in the uk, however we shall see !!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I just finished riding a Roscoe at a Factory Demo this afternoon and the thing was awesome. I currently have an '08 EX 7 and the Roscoe feels like a Cadillac comparatively speaking. I'm a pretty big guy and the Roscoe just fit. I went to my LBS after the demo to inquire about ordering one and he looked it up and said that the first deliveries are scheduled for 12-15-08. I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long.

mtbr member
    Chevin Cycles in Otley (UK) have one on show and a demo!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    ayup thats not that far from me & i will give them a call cheers for headsup :-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Not yet but I want one bad. Can't wait to try one at my lbs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I rode one over the weekend at a demo day in IL. I could ride a hardtail for everything in IL but like the squish. Coming from a 2004 Kona Coiler the Roscoe was lighter, faster, smother through the travel, really just about perfect. I'll be making some changes to my rig after riding the Roscoe but if I had the money I'd be ordering one asap.
    CAMBr West
    Gives us a couple bucks and we'll give you some trails with sweet jumps and stuff.

mtbr member
    I got to ride one extensively in Wisconsin for Trek World. Honestly, it's probably the best trail bike with 6 inches of travel I have ever ridden. The geometry feels amazing tight and stable despite the travel. The double barrel shock with the new Fox RP24 fork just makes it fly. I was not a fan of GF for the longest time. But this bike simply does everything I could possibly need. The ABP also adds in a ton of stiffness with ample braking when necessary. It's a bike you NEED to try for yourself.

Also check the review by MTBR from Interbike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

*Contents Under Pressure

Cool-blue Rhythm GF for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanbike
    I rode one over the weekend at a demo day in IL. I could ride a hardtail for everything in IL but like the squish. Coming from a 2004 Kona Coiler the Roscoe was lighter, faster, smother through the travel, really just about perfect. I'll be making some changes to my rig after riding the Roscoe but if I had the money I'd be ordering one asap.

We could all ride hardtials out at palos . i couldnt help but thinking, while i was riding the roscoe (grinning from ear to ear mind you), that this bike, is so good, that it is going to make my local trails boring (sigh..and i helped make some of them, i should be ashamed) I took it through the roughest trail on my loop and had to slow down because the thing just kept eating the bumps up, i was afraid i would nail an oncoming rider (BUSY day on 2 way trails = bad for demoing the roscoe). I do think a roscoe 1 will be my next bike purchase.. i guess what also helps is that im a trek employee.. but liking the roscoe more than the fuel, hifi pro 29er, and the remedy was something that surprised me..
    There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I am so glad it doesn't look like the new hifi's.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I know! Thats what makes me really want it lol
    I hate the new swoopy frame design on the new hifi's. it looks stupid.

mtbr member
    I'm also looking to get a new FS for the spring. But i don't need the roscoe. That's too much travel. I basically just do trail riding/XC. I'm not sure about the new design of the HiFi. It's too swoopy but i rode an 08 and loved it so i've wanted a hifi deluxe since before i saw the new design. I'm seriously looking at the giant Trance X2 though but i don't like the look of that one either.

I figure i'm getting it to ride not to look at.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    IDK, as much as i dont think i'd need the Roscoe, I grew up doing BMX and dirt jumping as well as Moto-X, and i LOVE hitting jumps and doing big drops, as best as i can find in MO, so I think i could probably use a Roscoe, also, i cant wait to go out west and so some real All Mountain runs...

In the end, i will probably just end up getting a HiFi Deluxe, although I cant wait to do the Fisher Demo Day in November in STL to test out the new 09 HiFi's and the Roscoe!

mtbr member
    There's a GF bike demo day at our local trail on November 8th & 9th (10 am - 4pm Dryer road in Victor if anyone lives near Rochester NY), and they may have some Roscoes out to demo. Cant' wait to demo that thing, I'm looking for a new DS bike to race on so the Roscoe may be in my future...
    [SIZE="4"]
    Mountain biking for beginners
    [/SIZE]
    A site dedicated to helping beginners

siv
    mtbr member
    Rode one yesterday and loved it. It was so much better than the Remedy I was there to try (demo day). The thing I noticed the most was how stiff and tight the bike was, hard to believe its 140mm travel. It was also light without losing grip or feeling like the rear end was sliding around. Its a lot of coin but Im considering the Roscoe 1. Currently on a Cannodale Prophet.

mtbr member
    Here is my new Roscoe II!!!!!!
    Absolutely love it, best bike I ever had.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast