mtbr member
    May 2008

Any idea of what I can expect

Have a 09 Hifi and today noticed a crack at the weld at the chain stay on the non drive side and also noticed a crack in the bar that runs Parallel to it above it. Gonna call dealer Tuesday. Very curious. What they are gonna do. Have a trip plan to the mountains in two weeks and seem to be screwed right now.

Thanks for the replys

I hate that name.
    My advice is don't wait till tuesday, and don't just call; walk in with the cracked frame. Trek warranty department requires photos before anything can happen. If your dealer jumps right on it, there's a decent chance you'll be fixed up in time for your trip. The replacement frame will probably be an EX(if your Hifi is 26), and you may need to purchase a couple new parts to make it work. Assuming you're the original owner, of course.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks but its an 29" an they are closed on Mondays

mtbr member
    May 2006
    If the do warranty it, you will probably end up with a newer style Superfly AL 100/HiFi frame. You will need a new front derrailleur, headset, and BB. IF you are really lucky they will include the headset and bb and abp rear skewer But it's hit or miss if they include them.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    http://Theclydeblog.org Big guy cycling product tester