mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Air Pressure for HI FI 29er

Just bought a 2009 Hi Fi 29er XL. Where to start air pressure for a 225 lb rider in the fork and rear shock? Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    230 psi and 11 mm of sag.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

2nd ride

Just used it on my second ride with 90 in the fork and 105 psi in the rear shock and felt pretty good. Only got 3 inch of travel with the fork and 2 inch of travel on the shock with a couple bunny hops and one small jump.

m_g
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cottonball
    Just used it on my second ride with 90 in the fork and 105 psi in the rear shock and felt pretty good. Only got 3 inch of travel with the fork and 2 inch of travel on the shock with a couple bunny hops and one small jump.
    105 in the rear sounds really low for a rider your size...im only 165 pounds and i have around 170 in the fox rp2 shock

check this out

http://fisherbikes.com/pdf/fisherbik...up_card_10.pdf

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

My Pump

It must be my pump. I have 110 psi in the rear with 11mm sag. 230 psi was like a hardtail with maybe 5 mm sag. How much air for the Fox fork? 90 psi for me gives 1" sag for the 4" fork. Same pump.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    cottonball, do you have the propedal turned off when checking sag on the rear shock?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

pro pedal

Pro pedal, blue selector knob in on switched to to right? PP is off switch to left? Pretty sure I'm right. to lock out I switch to right. Does this shock have more settings than I think? I am thinking it is either on or off?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    off teh top of my head I forget which way the lever sits for on or off, but there's a definite feel change when it's on so you should be able to tell.

I find my bikes don't sag nearly as much with the pp engaged

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    off to the left, on to the right.

Pirate!!!
    don't be suprised when you dont get a full 4" travel out of the fork as advertised, maby 3.5" if you are lucky. that was frustrating to me when I was setting mine up!