Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pirate!!!

Adjustable seatpost's on hifi/RF??

is anyone running one of these on there hifi or rumblefish? i'm looking for remote cable routing ideas for my hifi, (pic's)? also who makes the best one? I'm looking at the ks i900r. pic's with the post up and down would be killer. thanks!

recovering roadie
    Bump. I'd like to see this, too. Anyone sporting the Joplin, Command Post, or Gravity Dropper, please chime in...

Pirate!!!
    I know that these bikes lean more to the XC side rather than freeride, but I find my hifi to be a do-all-well kind of bike, and one of these seat posts would add to this experience.

Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr

Yes, yes, yes

I don't have time to post up pics right now, but I'm running a Joplin 4 in my RF and really think it adds to the bikes AM abilities. I love everything about how the Joplin works. Infinite adjustability, smooth action, and its still pretty play-free.

The ability to drop the seat for steeps and then raise it for more powerful climbing and fire road grinders is not to be underestimated. Its great to get into different positions and work different muscle groups on long rides too. But its on the DH that slamming the seat makes you feel like a descending god. Good stuff.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
    Dirtbag since '89

Pirate!!!
    Thanks man! If yours is remote operated will you post pics of how you ran the cable, with the seat up and down. This is were I'm concerned, Does the loop of cable get in the way when it's down?

mtbr member
    I just ordered one of the Rock shock posts. Cant wait until it comes in.

Pirate!!!
    Sweet!! Post pic's!!!---please!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I had a Joplin 3 and it was a POS. There was play in the clamp from the beginning. You can't lift up the post or seat when it's in the down position or else air gets trapped in the system. After one year of use the seatpost was like a pogo stick, the seals were shot and the play in the clamp was getting worse. I do give Crank Brothers credit because they rebuilt the seatpost free even though it was 3 months past the warranty period. I ended up selling the seatpost on EBAY after I got it back from Crank Brothers. I've been using the KS seatpost for about 3 months and so far it's been rock solid. I love the 5 inch drop, it does not get air in the system if I accidently lift up the seat and there's no play in the clamp.

Pirate!!!
    I've heard about the problems with these adjustable posts, especially the joplin! But I was looking at the kindshock i950r because after reading about 20 pages on the AM forum it appears to get the best reviews. I'm just wondering how folks are running the cable, I'd like to keep it looking clean. I'm also concerned about the extra loop of cable when the seat is down?? Especialy in regards to the hifi or RF.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Pics soon

I just got the KS i900r for my HIFI Carbon...gonna try to figure out the routing tonite and I iwll post some pics for you when I come up with a solution

recovering roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by RyespyPi
    I just got the KS i900r for my HIFI Carbon...gonna try to figure out the routing tonite and I iwll post some pics for you when I come up with a solution
    What's a HiFi Carbon? Superfly 100? I would be interested in seeing your setup. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    2009 HIFI Carbon Pro... I will try to get it figured out tonight and post some pics

Pirate!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyespyPi
    2009 HIFI Carbon Pro... I will try to get it figured out tonight and post some pics
    Well ryespy how did it turn out? I was looking at my bike last night thinking about routing, and it looks pretty straight forward. I'm A little concerned about cable rub, but probably use those little clear stick on patches where there's contact. Pic's please. Entertain us!!

Plastic homer
    Quote Originally Posted by dobbs
    What's a HiFi Carbon? Superfly 100? I would be interested in seeing your setup. Thanks.
    HiFi carbon Pro is 26" bike - gone for 2011.

Pirate!!!
    bump

Pirate!!!

you guys take any pictures yet?

ryespy] hows the new kindshock working out? [singletrack pig]- will you post up some pics of your setup? thanks!

Pirate!!!
    Bump!!!!

mtbr member
    I'm curious too. I am jonesing for a Kindshock.

Pirate!!!
    I was one click away from buying one last night. But my better more realistic half said not yet!!!!: ( So if you have one please post pics for us poor bastards!! I played the whole "it's safer" line and it didn't work. Maybe next week!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Hey Man...sorry for the delay...work comes first...
    I did get the post and have used it twice now on my 2009 HIFI carbon...sweet post
    As far as routing goes...I used some "rescue tape" that silicone tape stuff you may have seen on tv, wrapped a bit around the top tube in a couple spots to hold the cable
    Post really works nice

Photobucket is down at the moment...will load photos when I can

Pirate!!!
    Very cool man. I look forward to checking out the pics. I think I have my cable routing figured out, hypothetically speaking!

Pirate!!!
    Bump!

mtbr member
    I still want one, just don't have the coin. Too bad, too, as I am about to roll moab. Better to be in Moab sans post than have post sans Moab--at least this time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Here is some pictures of my rumblefish with a speedball maverick

Pirate!!!
    Thanks for the pics [bankofdad]. That looks nice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast