mtbr member

2012 Rumblefish triangle onto 2010 frame?

I was thinking of strengthening up the rear of my 2010 Rumblefish by swapping out the seat/chain stays (rear triangle) for a 2011 or 2012 that would have the 142x12mm maxle. The gent at the Trek store said no, but could say why. Do any of you know if this is possible? I want to increase the rear stiffness and was hoping to build up my next wheelset with a 142mmx12mm hub...

I hate that name.
    If you can get a hold of some 2011 chain and seatstays, yes for sure, I've done it. 2012, I haven't tried so I can't say for sure, but Trek tech reference info says '12 is not compatible with '10-'11.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    Thanks--that was the info I needed. Did you notice a difference in rear stiffness? I am debating on whether or not it is worth the effort and your input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I hate that name.
    Well... it does seem to climb a little better this way, but to be honest, I didn't have any stiffness issues before, mainly because I build my wheels with tons of spoke tension so they're really stiff. I will say that the Maxle is definitely less hassle than the ABP skewer. If I'd had to pay retail for everything, I might not have done it. Plus the chainstays were n/c on warranty. The main reason I did it was to have interchangability of parts between my 2010 and 2011 RFs.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    thanks đă đọc được những thông tin như thế này.