Borsari Cycles

2010 Paragon sizing?

I'm 6'1" (185cm) and very keen on a Paragon for a bunch of 6hr-type races coming up over the next year.

I've test ridden last year's Paragon in a 19" (L) size and the handling felt brilliant, but overall the frame felt slightly too small - I've heard of 5'11" riders being comfortable on this size, so it just doesn't seem right for me. I sat on the 21" (XL) in the shop and the top tube length felt a lot better, but I've never ridden an "XL" bike from any other brand and that doesn't seem right either.

Am I stuck in between sizes?

Anyone my height riding a Paragon out there? Some advice would be appreciated, as I don't particularly want to compromise on what is going to be my race bike.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'3" and ride an XL. Been riding Larges for years with the thought XL is to big and slow. At your height you are right in the middle of sizes. Go with what feels right.
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, be careful of humanitariens.

Full fledged member
    I am 6'3" as well and ride that frame in XL. My brother is 6'1" and has a 2010 XL Rig and a 2007 L Cobia. He prefers the XL but has no issues with the L. You are in that in-between height. Try both out and have someone watch you ride. Get input from them as well as feel what is better for you.