mtbr member
    Aug 2009

2010 HiFi Deluxe X9 Rear Derailleur

I've been out riding the HiFi pretty hard for the past three weeks since I picked it up. I noticed that I was having some issues trying to shift into the 9th gear. I took it back into the shop and left it for them to work on. The LBS calls me up the next day and said they were having problems fixing the issues with the derailleur. The called SRAM to ask some questions and SRAM said they were possibly having some type of design issues with the X9 and that they would ship me a free X0. They said there is no official recall or anything and they were just dealing with the issue as it came up.

If anyone else is having this problem, you may want to get your LBS to check on a possible upgrade.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Interesting because I have been having a similar problem. I assumed I just need to adjust it. I can get it into the 9th gear but it takes more pressure than should be required.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I would definitely take the bike in and ask your LBS to check into it for you. If you do, let me know if you got the upgrade as well.