mtbr member

2010 HiFi Deluxe - Rear Hub? Spacing?

I have a 2010 GF HiFi Deluxe and I think my rear hub may be shot. Can't keep the bearings snug, they keep coming loose. There's play in the wheel after every ride. I've tried adjusting them smooth and also a touch on the tighter side.

Anyway, I don't have a measuring caliper. Is the rear spacing 142X12 on this or 135 mm with standard QR? I can't seem to find it with a simple search.

Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    On further inspection I guess its a standard QR 135MM rear hub. Shimano FH-M525. Maybe a rebuild of the hub? The wheel build has been solid so I'd prefer to not sink money into a whole new hub or wheel even though I could use the upgrade for weight saving if nothing else.

Sheesh, reading reviews on the hub now, its a low end PoS. Maybe I should just go for a whole new wheel build. My poor credit card, this cycling thing is a demon.

mtbr member
    Bleh, now I'm thinking its a 135 X 10 or 12 mm through axle. Emailing Trek, should have done that in the first place.

mtbr member
    This forum is pretty dead huh? Guess that's what happens when the brand is discontinued.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    all shimano hubs should be able to take a rebuild. After all even the XTRs use loose balls. any bike shop shoudl be able to service that hub

mtbr member
    its a 135 QR hub. The ABP doesn't allow for a 10 or 12mm TA. The skewer is longer though so that it can feed into the ABP nut.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrone.minton View Post
    its a 135 QR hub. The ABP doesn't allow for a 10 or 12mm TA. The skewer is longer though so that it can feed into the ABP nut.
    Awesome, thanks. I was confused by the skewer. Still no answer from Trek, heh. Not sure what I'm doing with it yet, not my only bike. Considering talking to a mech about either rebuild or buying a Hope Pro II to have him lace to the existing duster rim.