mtbr member

2010 HiFi Cracked Linkage

Hey guys,
    Last year I cracked a chain stay and Trek was great about getting a new one out to me. Lately I've been feeling a little wash out in the rear end when I take left hand turns. Today I was cleaning the bike and got close enough to the "wishbone" linkage that connect the seat stay to the front triangle and shock. There are 4 fairly large cracks through it that, when I push down the seat, open in a manner that would yield my "washy" feeling on left handers.

Anyone else experienced this issue with this part? Up to this point I had just been tightening joints thinking **** was just getting loose...

Do you think Trek will be able to warranty this part? Is it considered under the lifetime frame warranty?

Pirate!!!
    What was the end outcome of this? I've got a 2010 HiFi also.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Warranty Replacement of Magnesium Link with CF Link

My rear suspension on a 2010 HiFi Pro started feeling mushy then I noticed that the magnesium link had cracked right around one of the link bolts. If your LBS has a good reputation doing warranty replacement there should not be an issue. I brought my bike in, they sent a photo to Trek and I had my bike back with a new carbon fiber link 5 days later.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Did the OP have any advancement with his LBS? They rear may still be available from Trek/Fisher. I have just recently replaced my old Sugar with a Roscoe thanks to Trek/Fisher warranty.

mtbr member
    Hey guys, sorry for the late response. Trek sent my lbs a carbon link off the superfly 100. But I killed another swing arm in the last week, so the bike is back in the shop.