boba fett on a bike

2008 Gary Fisher Superfly...need some input

So I find out the other day my dad's friend has an 08 Gary Fisher Superfly he purchased brand new. So I see it today and find he's only taken it out 3 times. Once locally and then twice to Moab. He said he doesn't ride off-road anymore and would be willing to sell it. I ask him what he's asking for it and he tells me to make him an offer. He doesn't remember what he paid for it. I want to say these went for around $3k or something new. What would be a reasonable offer?

I was hoping some of you Superfly owners would chime in. I read the reviews and most seem good with a few exceptions. Thanks.

http://fisherbikes.com/bike/archivemodel/393

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I test rode one, it was nice and light, awesome wheelset and tubeless ready tires. Build kit is all top notch except the stock crankset and saddle.

clunker
    $2500 should be a fair offer - about what you would pay in the used/ebay market.
    ...strictly downhill...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I would not pay more than $2K to a stranger, let alone to a friend. I have a 2010, never ridden replacement frame with 2008 components for sale for $2,500, but have been only offered $2K.

Also, check the frame very carefully, if their is a nick or pin sized crack, it will delevop into a full sized crack. Thats what happened to mine, which is why I have the newer frame. Got it on their "1/2" price crash replacement policy. Also, be aware, you will not be covered under there warranty.

The 2008 retailed for $3,299, but was available most places for $2,999.00. The 2009's retailed for $3,999.00, but some are still available brand new in shops here for $2,999.

I loved the ride and feel of my bike, but consider buying it a major mistake.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    $2500 would be a very fair price and anything less would be a great deal. I rode mine for a full season of racing and training through rocks, roots and everything else, put a few thousand miles on it and never had a problem with the frame. I sold it on eBay for $ 2400 and the buyer turned around and flipped it for $2850.00. Buying it local you won't need to pay shipping, eBay fees or tax. Do it.
    You can also go onto eBay and see what they sell for also check out completed auctions.

boba fett on a bike
    Thank you everyone for the replies. I tried to make an offer and he told me he decided to hold onto the bike for now. Oh well...maybe it was was for the best.